Never enough

By badenoughflowers - 14/01/2013 15:47 - United States - Ben Wheeler

Today, my girlfriend returned home from a several week vacation with family. Instead of a happy reunion, I was terribly emasculated, publicly, for bringing flowers that "weren't as pretty as all the other couples' in baggage claim." FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 735
You deserved it 3 595

Same thing different taste

Top comments

transcedental 18

Somehow.. I.. just wanna give you a hug. Sorry that she didn't appreciate your gesture ;/

Comments

Damn, I appreciate it if my boyfriend just picks me up from the airport. What is wrong with this girl? If I were you I'd tell her that she better start showing some appreciation and respect or she's gonna have a hard time finding someone else.

Well said couldn't agree more. Nowadays people in relationships just tend to care more about themselves, and less about the gesture.

I would have went off, and made her feel horrible infront of her whole family.. Probably not the right thing to do, but hey.. you don't always have to do the right thing..

tj5810 21

Tell her next time you'll be sure to bring nicer flowers... to your new girlfriend. It was very sweet of you to give your girlfriend flowers. Don't change that about you just because you run across one girl who is ungrateful.

Agreed! I would love flowers at the airport. Even if I was stressed from family, flight, whatever... How could that not just make you feel better?

ElhonnaDS 10

What happened to "Never look a gift horse in the mouth"? Your girlfriend seems way too high maintenance. I doubt it'll get better.

If that's her reaction, she has some personal issues that need to be dealt with. Try to talk it out with her; your maturity levels don't seem to match up.

Woah. You should send her packing! Otherwise, that level of obliviousness to your feelings and self-centered behaviour will get you hurt sooner rather than later.

She sounds potentially abusive. Dangerously dismissive of your feelings... you might wanna watch that dude. She sounds like a class A bitch.

She was very mean. You were so nice to bring flowers what a bitch she is