Enjoy your stay

By Anonymous - 19/04/2012 06:24

Today, someone burgled my hotel room. As always, I had locked my passport, extra cash, and other valuables in the closet safe, so I thought the losses would be superficial. What a discovery that the safe hadn't been fastened to the closet shelf, so the thief just picked it up and took it home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 691
You deserved it 3 028

Same thing different taste

Top comments

icadragoon 11

What hotel did you stay at so I can avoid staying there.

I never noticed that. Better be more careful next time OP Maybe next time you go to a hotel you can fill the safe up with rocks and bring your valuables with you. You know, just in case :P

Comments

I know what burgled implies... But did anyone else pause at the word? I thought of bugle for a second... I guess it's easier than writing "burglarized"

I did. I'm like burgled?! Wtf is burgled?!

fyreprincess 3

- verb (used with object), verb (used without object), -gled, -gling. 1. to burglarize.

gkdine18 1

I think that she should have said "thieved" myself.

Burgled is the British way of saying burglarized.

Burgled sounds so much easier. For once the Brits use a word that isn't simplified or shortened by Americans. Woop.

When I travel I usually leave the extra cash I know I won't need for the day at the front desk in their safe. That way every thing that is wrote down and their is proof what is there It sucks that the stupid hotel you were in did not have the in room safe bolted. They are responsible for your loss, but I think you will have trouble proving what was in the safe. Good luck.

i mean, if the burglar is carrying something like a case, wont there be cameras in the hotel that would capture something out of the ordinary.? Hope you get your stuff back OP..

Fonze13 0

Not to be a ass but if they got away with a safe it makes it your fault for going to such a bad hotel.

You are being an ass. Bad Hotels aren't the only places where you can get burgled. Besides, OP never clarified which hotel he's staying. It could be a Hilton, or a Marriott, or a Motel 6, or some cheap place by his destination. You sound like if you stay in the ritziest of hotels.

now you know what to do next time you sleep in a hotel :)

jujubunni5 9

I keep my valuables in my purse. (: granted I'm a women.

I also keep my valuables in my purse.

kaymi 17

I keep my valuables in my bra. Purses are easy targets.

One thing I always ask...is the safe bolted down? I never leave my valuables otherwise. Sorry OP, it completely sucks!