By Robyn - 04/10/2011 09:35 - Ireland

Today, during my second day as a receptionist, every time the phone rang I jumped in shock. My co-workers now already think I'm weird. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 622
You deserved it 28 003

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iAmScrubs 19

I wouldn't want to be in the same room as you during a fire drill.

NoNotTheFace 8

It's probably because of that time you worked for a phone sex line. There was one guy who was so perverted you hung up on him after calling him a pervert. He then kept calling you back after tracing your number. You were so afraid, till this day, you are still scared of picking up the phone... I have a wild imagination.

Comments

*ring ring* OP: Aghh mummy save me!! Worker: it's only the phone, weirdo. OP: Oh... Uh... I was just testing you hehehe. I hope for the best, you will get used to it.

enonymous 8

Do what I did forward all your calls to Peggy in Russia. Saves time, money and effort

beckybecks20 8
Mean_Mr_Mustard 9

I could see that happening if the office is silent and and the ringtone is loud and shrill. Check the phone the usually have a volume level on land lines. Even in 90's phones had that option.

Enonymous, you son of a bitch... I keep getting calls asking for mustache and assless chaps rides, asking for a man who goes by the name of Peggy.... This explains a lot...

1, normal people tend to understand the lines which are drawn between what they are allowed to do and what they're not allowed to do. For some reason, changing your work's ringing tone seems to me like something on the not-to-do list.

KunKaLunKa 1
KunKaLunKa 1
KunKaLunKa 1

Yeah. Op is the hyper responsive one, #8. O.o

I have generalized anxiety disorder and jump every time there's a sudden movement or sound. My problem is I'm always afraid of something bad happening, but OP might just be startled easily.

70 your the type of people I wonder about.

Georgieeporgiee 9

Her names Robyn & there a feminine sign in the corner douches.

Wow you need to look more closely... There's a nice female sign in the corner of the posting lol

iAmScrubs 19

I wouldn't want to be in the same room as you during a fire drill.

nixter5 18

I wonder what she does when her alarm clock goes off in the morning...

Orrr, she jumps up and runs around screaming, waving her arms in the air, eventually on the path to a faceplant into a wall..

I'm sure you'll get over it. Be it getting over the phone surprising you, or your coworkers thinking you're weird.

Cheer up! You got a job and can now help support me

rexgar2000 10

better get over that phobia weirdo.

this is no way a phobia, plus "getting over it " takes a long time with or without help or support. i agree on wierd though...

NoNotTheFace 8

It's probably because of that time you worked for a phone sex line. There was one guy who was so perverted you hung up on him after calling him a pervert. He then kept calling you back after tracing your number. You were so afraid, till this day, you are still scared of picking up the phone... I have a wild imagination.

perdix 29

I'll bet that the phone rarely rings at your house, you poor, lonely, crazy cat lady.

dixiefoxx 22

Perdix, I love all of your comments :)

Turn the volume down, and expect the phone to ring, after all, you are the receptionist!