Breakdown

By Anonymous - 26/07/2015 16:36 - Finland - Vammala

Today, my girlfriend called me and said she needs to take a break from our relationship. Why? Her really clingy ex is really depressed about her dating someone else and he isn't ready to accept it. So she wants to take a break "for his sake" until he's over her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 178
You deserved it 2 374

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's a good thing you're taking a break, you can find a better girl than her if she's still concerned about her ex

She doesn't deserve you. And you guys should take a very long break.

Comments

tehdarkness 21

Weak excuse. She ought to just be honest: she's just not that into you. And that's ok because you want to be with someone that you truly connect with and enjoy mutual true feelings.

Dump her. No reason to waste time on someone who clearly still isn't over her ex and cares so little about you. I've been there and made the mistake of being overbearing only to get burned again. It is simply not worth it.

Mortoli 30

if i was op id try and get a better lookin gf and when she asks about it say hey were takin a break right? or is this not what you had in mind?

this is not the right course. this would only make things worse. detach completely then find a better hotty that actually gives a **** about your feelings.

Caring for an ex that you left on friendly terms is one thing. Letting his problems get in the way of your current relationship is another matter completely. If she really believes what she is telling you she clearly doesn't have a clue about how relationships work and needs to grow up. But not on your time. If she is bullshitting you because she is too much of a coward to straight out say "I'm breaking up with you and getting together with my ex.", you should call her out on it while you kindly show her out of your life.

Sounds like she's got them both on her hook. OP needs to free himself from what could easily become a vicious cycle.

She obviously thought about your sake too...

She doesn't deserve you find someone else worth your time.

EcoAirWarrior 7

You should break off all contact with her now as she clearly has lingering emotional attachment to her old partner which will only conplicate the relationship in time. Consider getting yourself a pet for companionship and affection; dog, cat, rabbit, hamster, budgerigar, fish, Lizard, snake.

saffy66 34

So - does she honestly think that by becoming single again she is helping him get over her? Of course not. He got what he wanted, and will now live in hope that they'll get back together. Which is exactly what is most likely to happen. Either that or this is her way of breaking up with you to get back with him anyway. Either way the outcome is likely to be the same, whether that is her current intention or not. If you think she's worth it, confront her over how she sees this ending. But otherwise, walk away and don't look back. Find someone focused on you and not hanging on to old boyfriends. She's doing neither of you any favours with this.

It seems like she is clingy to him as well...