We're on a break

By col - 04/09/2020 01:56

Today, my girlfriend of almost 3 years told me we needed a break, and that we could try again at the end of the year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 342
You deserved it 151

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Trash took itself out, let her go there’s so much better out there for you. Don’t you go back at the end of the year!! Time to move on

Comments

Trash took itself out, let her go there’s so much better out there for you. Don’t you go back at the end of the year!! Time to move on

On the bright side, you have three months to find a replacement. (Are you sure that she's not using the hiatus for that purpose?)

Sounds like she wasn’t to play the field. Best to just let her go.

Dude, Ross jumped into bed with another woman days after his "break" from Rachel. If she tells you she "misses being single", and "wants to experience it one last time" before getting married and settling down, she has a side piece, and is trying to have her cake and eat it too while working out which of you to stick with, so save her the trouble and decide for her.

TCRII 29

Tell her to call you at the end of the year. Then change your number and move on with your life.

Plus side is she gave you an ending time - end of the year - and not a vague "I don't know how much time I need". I'd still ask what excactly does she need a break from and what is she planning to do during these three-four months.

she wants a break to **** someone else without the guilt. move on, she's not worth it.

thatkorean 5

“We should take a break” aka “I want to **** around for the next few months with other people. But wait for me” Let her go.