Any day now…

By justwow - 13/07/2010 14:27 - United Kingdom

Spicy
Today, I must be the only person who has been taking the contraceptive pill for six years without ever needing to use it as a contraceptive. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 158
You deserved it 9 294

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Roxeant 8

Tons of people take birth control. Hell, I'm a lesbian and I take it to regulate my hormones/period/migraines. The real FML is that you haven't had sex in six years.

hjbeachbum 0

It's kindof sad that everyone says "ohhh, it sucks that you haven't had sex in six years" There is a ton of people that never have because they don't want to. I'm not having sex until I'm married. And I'm fine with that. so honestly anyone can survive without having sex. It's not that big of a deal.

Comments

Some people take it because it helps with their complexion and, like #3 said, regulate hormones. Perhaps you could try to convince yourself that is the real reason. If you lie to yourself long enough you might start to believe it.

My best friend has to take the pill because she's anemic. If she didn't, her period would just keep going. D:

get drunk OP, everyone loves a drunk girl at a party, you'll get some then... maybe? ORRR wait for the guys to have their beer goggles on, then **** one of them? eh? :D

imright24 0

Any woman can get laid any day of the week if they really want to. YDI.

hjbeachbum 0

It's kindof sad that everyone says "ohhh, it sucks that you haven't had sex in six years" There is a ton of people that never have because they don't want to. I'm not having sex until I'm married. And I'm fine with that. so honestly anyone can survive without having sex. It's not that big of a deal.

could you be any less exciting of an individual?

#26 I didn't have sex until I was almost 21, so I agree with you that going a long time without sex isn't a total tragedy. It sucks, yeah, but it's not the end of the world. I didn't wait until marriage or anything, but still...

Oh here we go with the waiting until marriage BS again... A noble thought til you're a year into that marriage and completely miserable in your sex life, something that couldve been avoided with a few test drives.

I wasn't agreeing with #26's "no sex before marriage" stance, but I was saying that not having sex on a regular basis isn't the end of the world...Just to clarify. :P

too bad, cause youre hot and i'd love to tap that..

43: I usually agree with your posts, kt, even if I don't always share your outlook. But 26 wasn't berating anyone for being sexually active; she was responding to the FML and other comments with her opinion-- an opinion shared by people without her abstinence convictions, like nerds. The "YDI for having sex before marriage" posts are obnoxious, but this isn't one of them. You're the one stirring the pot here. :-/

hjbeachbum 0

@ 43 I really am not trying to throw my beliefs in your face, so you don't need to throw you're attitude at me. I was stating what I believe, not trying to convert you. I believe that waiting until marriage is better, and that's that. I could care less what you think.

nerdsgetmehot got it right. :) There's no need to put sex on this golden pedestal of life and speak of it in awe. If you like it - good for you, go hump anything that walks if that tickles your fancy. If you choose to wait - great, you probably have a justified reason to. Some people need to get over themselves. BoogerBalls, I waited til I was almost 20 and I can assure, you I am not a boring individual. Just cba'd, is all. So gtfo.

Not ranting at you specifically, more at the idiocy of society for shoving this stupid notion down kids' throats. I'm 24, been active for 10 years, and still have no idea how the hell to put on a condom since my schools were too conservative for sex ed and had only abstinence (a lot of good that did)... I am reminded of a Family Guy episode...

I get your frustration, kt. I *was* abstinant till marriage because it was right for me, but I totally disagree with abstinance-only sex ed, putting sex on a "holy" pedestal, and making it a taboo subject. That can be just as harmful to a future marriage as being promiscuous (note: I didn't say being sexually active). My point was just that you seemed angry about a debate that wasn't happening, and/or an attitude that wasn't there. I understand venting, but coming down on someone for her abstinance unprovoked is just as bad as the "YDI for having sex" posts. But since you clarified that you weren't doing that, all's well. :)

hjbeachbum 0

I do agree that schools should show other ways to be safe, because to be honest, there is pregnant 7th graders where I live. And I never wanted to sound like *I* was shoving my ideas down your throat. It does depend on the person and what's right. I won't disagree with your views if you can respect mine.

kateisgrrrr8 0

Nope! My bosses are a lesbian couple and take it to regulate their cycles. No contraception needed when you're bumpin doughnuts.

well just be glad that you don't have any stds! :)

#42 I wasn't disagreeing with 23, I was saying "no" to the general FML-- OP isn't the only one that goes on birth control for a long time without being sexually active.

I've been on the pill for almost 10 years now for medical problems (no, not acne) and have yet to have sex. I see no problem with this.