Any day now…

By justwow - 13/07/2010 14:27 - United Kingdom

Spicy
Today, I must be the only person who has been taking the contraceptive pill for six years without ever needing to use it as a contraceptive. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 161
You deserved it 9 294

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Roxeant 8

Tons of people take birth control. Hell, I'm a lesbian and I take it to regulate my hormones/period/migraines. The real FML is that you haven't had sex in six years.

hjbeachbum 0

It's kindof sad that everyone says "ohhh, it sucks that you haven't had sex in six years" There is a ton of people that never have because they don't want to. I'm not having sex until I'm married. And I'm fine with that. so honestly anyone can survive without having sex. It's not that big of a deal.

Comments

lonesomeXheartbr 0

I once went almost 17 years without having sex

Like a few people in here, I'm the same. Been on the pill since I was about 14 for acne and really bad period pain, and I have been with my boyfriend for 2 and a half years. I'm happily a virgin, but I have my reasons (not religious) for it. Mind you I think he's going to leave me cuz he says sex is a need. Note, he is a virgin too. A lot of you have said that it's worse when you're a virgin cuz you think you're missing out on something magnificent. I guess if sex is more important to him than me, good riddance? Hard though, very tough. I'm 19 tomorrow, yayy.

Heh, happy birthday, then! That's unfortunate you think he'll leave you for the lack of sex. If he cares and loves you that much he should really stay... I don't understand why so many people say sex is a "need". If you didn't get in the habit in the first place, you wouldn't view it as a need. I'm not saying to totally abstain, but I'm not saying not to either. I can certainly appreciate your choices, and I know many others that share them! I'm not sure why he's saying sex is a must if he's also a virgin then.... That's all for my late night ramblings.

agreed, sex should come after you know they are the right person not before abstaining from it can be good or bad, but sex is very far from a need, anyone who thinks it is is a moron

If you're not comfortable with having sex, he has no right to manipulate you into it. You'll regret it if you have sex with him just to keep him around, if he'll still stick around. Stick to your principles.

OC, despite you huuuge rant, I agree with you on the "not judging relationships you aren't a part of" front. I despise the people (not necessarily those commenting above, but on other FML posts) who, at the smallest sign of disagreement with the person writing the post/comment, instantly go, "ZOMG DUMP THE BASTARD AND BURRRRN HIM." I never facepalm more at anything than I do at that. They are the same people that later write their own FML about how their asshole boyfriend (/girlfriend) forgot to water the plants or whatever, and that now means he (/she) is a whorebag who only cares about him(/her)self. And cue the "ZOMFG he didn't water the plants?!? :O what a bastard, I bet he's screwing behind your back, DUMP HIM!!!!111!" comments. You, I think, are within the 3% of people in the FML community that actually believe in this mythical thing called "communication" that relationships should essentially function under. Thank God.

@174... Are you always a total asshole? Who pissed in your cornflakes? Calm the **** down. Also... how does OP's boyfriend know sex is a "need" if he remained a virgin for the 2.5 years he was dating OP? I see that as a total excuse... he doesn't need the sex. He just wants a way out and knew OP wouldn't have sex with him. End of story.

@Lena, communication is definitely necessary. If he forgot to water the plants, so what! He left the toilet seat up? So what, once again. Dumping him over petty crap like that shouldn't even begin to come into the picture. Sex is a different issue... Do you believe (without telling OP what they should do... just simply asking for opinions here) OP should put up with being pressured for sex?

St3ff, no, not at all. If anything (I think my coherency got blurred by my anger, tbh) I was ranting about the people who, without knowing the full context of the OP's relationship, give their automatic "dump him" response. If OP is wise, and decent, he/she will talk to their partner to clear the issue up. I have never in almost 2 years had an argument with my bf, because we talk through every issue that comes up. Absolutely nothing can come between us because of how powerful our communication is. I think people should take into account that she might be in love with her bf and not want to break up instantly. They have different interests, so they should talk through them. If they do split, it may well be for the best, but it shouldn't be under the influence of other people saying "ugh, he just wants sex, DUMP HIM." Splitting up and dumping someone, which just sounds harsh and sometimes unreasonable, are different things. And I'm rooting for communication/clean split, rather than "dumping" him. :P

Yeah, I hear you on that one. I just wanted to be sure about your views. There are so many "dump him" responses on any FML having to do with a relationship, it's hard to believe anyone's ever really dated and been able to "keep" a guy (or girl) for lack of a better word. I agree with you on the communication, though. I've had my share of relationships where nothing was really talked through and there were fights/arguments... and the only relationships I've had (including my boyfriend and I) that had communication I could count on my one hand, to be honest. I really don't know what's so hard about not yelling and screaming at one another and sharing your views. It may be hard to tell them what you're upset about and what you're thinking about, but isn't it worth it? Why would you rather get all riled up and fight with one another? I'm not going to lie, though. Sometimes I can be a hot head, as can my boyfriend. It never gets out of hand and things are always worked out, and that's the way it should be. Also, even if I'm not in love I'd still rather work stuff out. You never know what the outcome could be... You never know how much good can come out of working out a fight.

You can go **** yourself, organizedchaos. You certainly aren't reading my posts properly, nor are you expressing your invalid points the right way. Did I ever say, even once I've been with the guy and I know everything there ever is to be known about him? No, in case you can't read, I did not. Also, if he lasted that long without sex, he can do it for a while longer. He knows damn well he's with a girl who doesn't want it just yet. It's not like this is all unknown to him... I'm not wasting my time and going through my posts to read them all and examine if I misused a word here or there; clearly since you did just that you have no life. You poor thing. You must have horrid self esteem...Must be why you feel the need to put everyone that breathes an extra time in a minute down. Get the pickle out of your ass, go get some coffee, go for a run... go outside of the house for a while... and hopefully you'll feel better. If that doesn't work, repeat.

I have plenty to say, but I'm not saying it so that I don't sink to your level. Get a life... go out and get a job... go to school... something.

angelbites321 0

why do people argue on fml's lol

Don't worry, you're not. Some of us have to use it for medical reasons.

Not really an FML... I know plenty of inactive women taking the pill to keep everything in check and on time... not that big of a deal really.

cherryxlimeade 0

you aren't the only one, I'm in that boat with you!

WTF is upp with all the long effn answers!?!?this is nt a social app ppl!!!!

No, you're not. A friend of mine started taking the pill at 13, she's now 21 and still don't need it as a contraceptive, she just has a hormonal problem and had her periods every 15 days. The pill is often used to "heal" hormonal problems, there's a lot of girls who take it long before they have sex. Being a virgin is not a thing to be ashamed or proud of (though it can seem annoying when you actually want to have sex), you'll find someone later, just take your time. If you're not a virgin anymore, then you know... many people have to wait till they find another partner, days, months or years, don't be ashamed.

Newsflash. Women take contraceptives for other purposes all the time. I've known plenty of girls who take it to control their periods or PMS. Taking the pill does not automatically mean that it's useless unless you're having sex. Not an FML.

hjbeachbum 0

@ organisedchaos; your comments are very interesting to read. And I usually agree with them. Very nice.