Any day now…

By justwow - 13/07/2010 14:27 - United Kingdom

Spicy
Today, I must be the only person who has been taking the contraceptive pill for six years without ever needing to use it as a contraceptive. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 161
You deserved it 9 294

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Roxeant 8

Tons of people take birth control. Hell, I'm a lesbian and I take it to regulate my hormones/period/migraines. The real FML is that you haven't had sex in six years.

hjbeachbum 0

It's kindof sad that everyone says "ohhh, it sucks that you haven't had sex in six years" There is a ton of people that never have because they don't want to. I'm not having sex until I'm married. And I'm fine with that. so honestly anyone can survive without having sex. It's not that big of a deal.

Comments

my gosh, 203, I agree with you so much. :D

mr_rice 0

Lmao my ex girlfriend gave me 11 hickies its was funny girls from school looked at me disgusted guys that werent even my friends gave me props haha

I took it for about 3 years because I have endometriosis and PCOS. Even more fun, I found out not too long ago that I'm pregnant, about 2 months. But, it's a miracle baby bc I was told I can't have kids. HAHA DOCTORS!!!

I have noticed a lot of people who have that condition are told it is physically impossible to get pregnant (ie tv show i didnt know i was pregnant) maybe they should just say difficult... Grats!

if you want to have sex you can, go to a bar someone will sleep with you there i promise.... unless your fat

my family doctor proposed that I go on birth control when I was in middle school (to deal with unusually bad periods), I didn't, but I'm in university now and still didn't need to use any "contraception". I don't really see that as a shame. people seem to be overly slutty here. #208 things can reduce the effectiveness of birth control pills, and infertility can be caused by those but not necessarily.

YDI for being so ignorent. I have been on the pill for many years because I have a medical condition that need the female hormones from the pill. Hormone Replacement Therapy is a bitch and if we dont take our meds we could lose bone density and get very sick and get brittle bone desies. If all you have to moan about is getting not getting laid your pretty pathetic. Grow up.

YDI. If you don't need it, don't use it. It's blocks the development. It's very unhealthy. When it gets to the point that you need a contraceptive, use a condom and if you get a longterm sexual partner maybe consider getting on the pill again people know too little about the pill... and that's coming from a 17yo male virgin.. sigh..

At least if she gets raped, she won't have to worry about getting pregnant.

jughead129 0

You shouldn't be taking contraceptives in the first place.

Why not? I'm sure she doesn't want fifty kids running around because she didn't use at least one form of contraception.

Why not? As a male, you need to shut the **** up about things you will never use. I am a virgin and I use birth control to preserve my fertility so I can have children in the future.

wow thats really bad for you! it can cause cancer and stroke and make you completely infertile and the longer ur on it increases the risk

You know absolutely nothing about the pill.

no that person knows more than you - they actually read the package insert. cancer, strokes and thromboses are only a few of the listed side effects. also increased risk for infections, migranes, high blood pressure, ... the list goes on. the most absurd one in my opinion: loss of libido or inability to ****** (the irony is obvious) birth control pills naturally have a big impact on the whole organism as they effectively 'fake' a pregnancy. you've all seen the movies and soaps about pregnancies - this is what birth control can do to you - mood swings included... even the required amount of nutrients is increased! i believe that taking birth control pills without medical necessity is unreasonable - but that is everyone's own desicion to make.

They do not "fake a pregnancy," they essentially "trick" the ovaries into "thinking" an egg has already been released. There is a big difference. If I took a pregnancy test it wouldn't come back as positive. If I took an ovulation test at the right time, that has a better chance of coming back positive.