You got what you wanted

By Anonymous - 19/08/2014 18:16 - United States - Glendale

Today, I told my husband that I'm jealous of all the other girls whose husbands always take pictures of them together and post them online. He responded by posting a picture of himself, with me on the toilet in the background, captioned, "The bitch on the pot." FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 123
You deserved it 19 039

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You asked for it. Now all those other women will be jealous and beg their husbands to do the same. I never knew relationships had to be cookie-cutter identical.

Social media is not a representation of how happy a couple is. No need to get jealous.

Comments

Getting jealous over FB relationships is pretty stupid, but I wouldn't say YDI. You should be able to express your feelings to your own husband without it resulting in public humiliation. Yes your jealousy was unreasonable, but you kept it between you and him, meaning he should have either talked it over with you or gotten help privately. What he did (posting a pic of you with your pants around your ankles and calling you a bitch) was extremely disrespectful and petty. FYL op.

Lil_Red777 21

Then maybe you should get out of it if you're unhappy.

UGH, you should be able to have a private conversation with your SO without them being a big baby and making it a public affair.

Showing off your relationship on social media really shouldn't be a big deal. Just be happy that you're with the person

Am I the only one taking this as sarcasm instead of abuse, bad relationship, etc? I always snap random candies of my boyfriend to pick at him, so in response he posted a few very unflattering shots of me with "this is what this bitch gets". I laughed and left them up.

belami_fml 1

How self-deprecating of him. However, the caption should be "the bitch wants to get on the pot, but the pack leader is already occupying it."

#37: Well, in your case you took it as a fun joke. If you guys have fun teasing each other with photos, your boyfriend must have known you didn't really mind. Not to mention you were both doing it together for fun, which is cool. But it's different for the OP. She clearly doesn't like that sort of thing (hence the FML), so her husband should have known better. Also, he didn't put silly photos up in response to silly photos she put up. He put photos up in response to an argument, meaning the motivation was anger/revenge/or whatever else, not fun and games. Also, I would venture to say there's a bit of a difference between an unflattering photo and one of you on the toilet with your pants and underwear down. I mean, I assume you couldn't actually see anything, but there's still a difference.

In any case, I wouldn't say we know enough from this FML to cry "abusive/doomed relationship." But from what the FML says, it seems OP has some serious jealousy issues she needs to deal with, and so the husband's reaction was inappropriate for the situation OP presented us with.

That terrible OP and so disrespectful. No one deserves to be treated like that.

I agree that pictures aren't an exact representation for a relationship, but DAMN! People really think she was asking too much? What he did was petty and unnecessary...plus he called her a bitch! How is that not mentally abusive?

After vows too!! And it's obvious that she's insecure about their relationship and he's definitely not helping.

offensiveagain 5

Well time to get a new husband. He's a ****.

Your husband is not worth it. Find another man. Take a picture of him and out it online with the caption, "my lover in our bedroom". That will make your husband pay attention.

Hey, OP. Were you in on it? I don't give my bf much opportunity to see me on the toilet and would probably notice if he was taking a selfie while I was in the background.