You got what you wanted

By Anonymous - 19/08/2014 18:16 - United States - Glendale

Today, I told my husband that I'm jealous of all the other girls whose husbands always take pictures of them together and post them online. He responded by posting a picture of himself, with me on the toilet in the background, captioned, "The bitch on the pot." FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 123
You deserved it 19 040

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You asked for it. Now all those other women will be jealous and beg their husbands to do the same. I never knew relationships had to be cookie-cutter identical.

Social media is not a representation of how happy a couple is. No need to get jealous.

Comments

In a marriage it is important that both spouses are able to express their feelings openly and without fear of reprisal. This is an abusive act meant to undermine the OP and worse, to do so publicly. I don't know anything about this marriage other than this FML, but I hazard a guess that-- if this relationship is not already in a cycle of abuse in which the victim accepts responsibility for the abuser-- this is just the beginning. OP stand up for yourself and demand respect: people treat you how you allow them to treat you.

I think you may be reading a little too much into it...

I agree that pictures aren't an exact representation for a relationship, but DAMN! People really think she was asking too much? What he did was petty and unnecessary...plus he called her a bitch! How is that not mentally abusive?

sylverdrag_fml 9

Perhaps you aren't reading enough. When you start calling your wife "the bitch" in public and post a photo of her on the loo, you are pretty much saying "I don't respect her and I certainly don't love her". That relationship is in trouble and not just because the OP was fishing for a compliment.

or it's a joke which the OP's husband knows his friends will get, and you're reading way too much into it.

According to OP who posted after the FML, it's the latter. She says it's a big joke so maybe we were reading too much into it.

If this is her husband's idea of a joke, I'd hate to see him when he gets angry.

Your husband has "keep your options open syndrome." If he posts pictures of you that look like you're a happy couple, he can't hit on other women and worse, they can't hit on him. Many men, and women, have this serious condition, there is no cure and only one treatment. The treatment is a dose of reality, and the effects are never lasting.

rachangie 19

This is absolutely preposterous. Honestly, of all the ways to take this I think yours is the most ridiculous. There is no such syndrome, it's called being an asshole and I seriously don't see how any of that related to this FML.

For the love of God, you people don't recognize sarcasm. Should I make a senseless pun to entice your small minds instead?

Lil_Red777 21

Sarcasm is one thing, but your comment made no sense and just sounded weird.

inowhtthefoxsays 20

Most awesome post ever. Sorry op but I laughed so hard at this post I thought I was gonna pee myself. But first...... Lemme take a selfie.

You cant complain, You got what you wanted.. In a way

tony1891 22

she who stand on toilet, high on pot.

PresidentNorth 16
RedPillSucks 31

As a mathematician, she worked it out with a pencil

It was a joke. You guys take things too seriously. Its not like he nailed her to the floor in the middle of the floor and said "Sacrificing the worthless piece of shit to the dark lord"