By sober - 10/07/2012 03:40 - United States - Hillsborough

Today, I told my boyfriend that I was going to stop drinking, since I have been having some problems with alcohol and some of my relatives are alcoholics. He later broke up with me, saying he couldn't be with someone who "chose to be boring." FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 053
You deserved it 3 414

Same thing different taste

Top comments

callie123amy 4

He is the boring one because he thinks you need alcohol to have a good time!

I'm sorry OP. Don't listen to that turtle dick. I know plenty of exciting sober people. Good for you for making an effort! Good luck!

Comments

callie123amy 4

He is the boring one because he thinks you need alcohol to have a good time!

Good point! I have more fun being sober because I actually know what's going on. And you don't have to deal with a nasty hangover. :P

No one needs alcohol to have a good time, but why start a fire by rubbing two sticks together when you can use matches and a fire starter

PandaKitteh 20

Yeah, good for you OP. You made a good choice and your boyfriend should've supported you! Eff him man :P

You don't need alcohol to have a good time. You need bath salts.

If you need alcohol to have fun, you're probably pretty boring. You're better off without him.

I think it's more fun to be sober; you get to laugh at all the dumbasses as they embarrass themselves by underestimating how drunk they are AND you'll actually remember it in the morning.

JKr3slEMO 5

Hey you can be fun gun when your sober..Ronnie Radke's sober now and he's still awesome:D

Keep at it, OP. Think of it this way, your health in the long run or some inconsiderate boyfriend?

I'm sorry OP. Don't listen to that turtle dick. I know plenty of exciting sober people. Good for you for making an effort! Good luck!

Cat_Daniels 6

IK I am twenty and I have never drunk a drop of alcohol in my life. It's not that hard to not even start drinking it...

I'm with 78! I'm 23 and have never had a sip of alcohol. I simply don't see the point in risking going down that road. Straight edge for life!

Straight edge to me says "I don't know how to do things in moderation, so I just won't do anything." It's significantly more impressive to try something and then quit than it is to simply never do something.

That's retarded. Nobody is trying to impress anybody. It's not a talent show. Alcoholism is a serious problem. So because someone is afraid to slip down a slippery slop, does not mean it is a bad idea to not try it at all. It's safe and if people can enjoy life without it then they should by all means stay alcohol free.

Agreed, you're so much better off with out someone who won't support good life long decisions! Good luck to you!(:

gage27 5

If only he realized he can be high in life....

Yes, that's exactly what to take out of this FML. If you don't want to get drunk, be high

Too bad being high is just not nearly as good

I think #1 meant he can be high on life, as in, have fun without alcohol.

Not as good? Being high is better! No nasty hangover, usually doesn't end in a vomit pool, and it won't become physically addictive. Yes it can be addictive mentally, but so can any action that you derive joy from. (this comment was posted with marijuana in mind for those examples)

Unless you're allergic to the cannabanoids, which is a huge bummer...

I guess you didn't realize there is a top button on your shirt.

When ur drunk you end up vomiting and having a shitty hangover. You have no idea whats happening. When ur high, ur in a magical wonderland filled with unicorns ******** rainbows and crazy shit.

Drinking top tips: eat a metric **** tonne before hand (dominoes large pepperoni is ideal). Pace yourself (you don't drink all at the beginning or all at the end, but just throughout the evening). Stick to one staple drink (e.g cider or beer) and one form of shot as mixing with almost certainly get messy. When you get home drink a load of water (helps stop the hangover) and eat a **** load of crisps/bread or anything absorbent. With these top tips you should be chunder/hangover free!

Nobody should drink, but the weird people do apparently thinking it is cool. If you switch it with a soda then it isn't cool. You know you are weird if you are one of the loud people who make noise hanging on a balcony holding what most likely is a 3rd cup of alcohol. I am glad I don't drink and hang out with friends like that. Op made a good choice to stay sober.

People drink because it's fun, not because it looks cool.

He's an idiot if he thinks drinking alcohol is the only way a person is fun. .-.

My apologies. I was replying to that vernk kid (the one on a Caps-Lock rage) who was bitching about not getting an FML published, but the mods deleted it, and here I am.

shawnaishere 14

This is when you should have your last drink celebrating his departure.

shawnaishere 14

This is when you should have your last drink celebrating his departure.

He is the boring one. If drinking is the only thing he can come up with as "fun," then he has done you a favor.

Yes girl, I love you for your picture lmao..

TarieBoo 2

57,60......you've never seen a gamer girl? haha

I'M A GAMER-GIRL!! Whoo! Skyrim and Fallout: New Vegas ALL THE WAY!! Other Games are AMAZING too!!

MarisaCB 16

You don't need alcohol. He sounds extremely immature if he cares more for a good time than your health.