By Undercover - 12/10/2009 08:38 - United States

Today, while working as a plain clothes police officer, I witnessed a fight in a front yard. My partner and I intervened and clearly identified ourselves as police. Unfortunately, the two guys' mother didn't have her hearing aid in, and hit my arm with a baseball bat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 649
You deserved it 4 423

Same thing different taste

Top comments

captaincanoe 0

She heard you, they just pretend to not hear you so that they can try and not get arrested for assaulting a police officer hope you arrested her

That's what you got for wearing plain clothes. Throw those rags out and spice it up with some fluoro pink shirts and electric orange pants. And would it kill you to wear some glitter every now and then?

Comments

She should've hit you in the head til your skull was crushed for being a cop. That said, I still hope you arrested the bitch

Point of order: In the US at least, the state & local police are civilian organizations, very much separate and distinct from the military.

GR3453m0nk3y 4

that barely has anything to do with what i said im just saying that they should use the name that the military uses for regular clothes. in the military they call regular clothes "Civies" so to avoid this kind of confusion (or whatever you want to call this) the police should use that name too

The police may be doing a great job, but they are not doing it for us. They protect and serve the law not us. The people that really deserve your respect and are more the reason as to why we are all here would be E.M.S. and fire fighters. Policemen don't have to save anyone and usually do what is best for themselves as E.M.S. and fire fighters are really the ones putting their lives on the line to help and save others. As for the other parts of your argument; yes you shouldn't be disrespectful but, you dont have to have respect for them and yes you can be ungrateful as they are not really doing anything for you. While yes there are officers that will do anything they can to help others they are not the majority. The majority of officers are there to make you regret every having bought a vehicle and to make life miserable for the general populace so that you are afraid to do anything wrong in the presence; their primary job is to enforce traffic laws and if they happen to enforce any other laws that day it is a plus. As for your maturity statment, you should really refine your writing when trying to prove your maturity. I am not an English major and sometimes that shows, reading what you have wrote hear all I can imagine is you being a hyper active 13 year old air head with a "valley girl" accent.

In response to #106: Successful troll is successful.

Your a cop! Shrug it off, its just a bruise, not a bullet size whole! YOUR A WEAK MAN, THIS ISN'T AN FML! Quit the police force if your just going to be like a little girl!

Lichinamo 33

People can hit with bats really hard. I should know, baseball bats are my weapon of choice.

BKroell 3

That's too bad she missed your face. But seriously, if you ARE a real cop, I'm sure you've gone through training for effectively disarming enemy assailants. So either way, YDI for letting a deaf, grown woman beat you with a bat. You didn't see it coming? How about some situational awareness. You're a joke and if this is an example of what our law enforcement has to offer, we're all ******...or good, depending on which side of the law you're on :)

i respect ems and firefighters. a real cop who uses his brain doesn't need a gun, taser, baton, or bullet proof vest to do their job. the ones that use these are pussy's. a real cop should be able to UFC tap you out. go blue.

Well see as it stands the cops dont have to help you if your gay or trans! In fact they can f with you themselves. IF the act w is passed then we can be served by the police as well. And yes folks do rob,rape and harrass us daily even in places like San Francisco. And the cops just literally laugh.