By Undercover - 12/10/2009 08:38 - United States

Today, while working as a plain clothes police officer, I witnessed a fight in a front yard. My partner and I intervened and clearly identified ourselves as police. Unfortunately, the two guys' mother didn't have her hearing aid in, and hit my arm with a baseball bat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 649
You deserved it 4 423

Same thing different taste

Top comments

captaincanoe 0

She heard you, they just pretend to not hear you so that they can try and not get arrested for assaulting a police officer hope you arrested her

That's what you got for wearing plain clothes. Throw those rags out and spice it up with some fluoro pink shirts and electric orange pants. And would it kill you to wear some glitter every now and then?

Comments

While it's usually shortened to "plain clothes officer", it's a very common saying.

GR3453m0nk3y 4

thats why it should be "civies" police thats what people in the military call regular clothes

theblazian 0

#37... yeah.... .... I don't think I want to ride the fail boat.....

GR3453m0nk3y 4

haha same here All About Steve wasted about two hours of my life i will never get back the ONLY entertaining part of that entire movie was when the horse came "back to life" DEAD HORSE ALIVE lol that was pretty funny

theblazian 0

I heard about that movie.... was going to see it but I decided to go see Zombieland instead...... I do not regret my decision in the slightest from what I have heard from friends and saw on rottentomatoes.

You definitely deserved it. There has to be a point where you ****** someone over simply because you went through a training course and a few classes to become a police officer. You're a cop which = deceitful, which = asshole. Every cop is a liar and Karma is paying you back. Good riddance, pig.

GR3453m0nk3y 4

i hope you get proved right on "Every cop is a liar" i hope that becomes true when your in court and were raped in the ass multiple times and a cop saw the rapist but says he doesnt know anything about the person. or when someone kills the person who is closest to you and a cop lies about knowing who did it cops dont "**** people over" whenever something happens to someone and they get in trouble by the cops 99.99% of the time they deserve it if there were no cops you would most likely be dead right now (but it'd be for the better)

Ahem. While some cops are assholes or fill the stereotypes you so strongly hold about them, don't consider that as something true for all cops. There are some cops who genuinely try to do their job, do it well, and protect the people in their jurisdiction. Cops take a LOT of bullshit, and that's not just the dick ones. As was said, they're expected to know when/how to intervene, when to arrest and when to give a warning, etc. Remember your post when you're being robbed or assaulted, because despite what an ignorant prick you choose to be in regards to cops, chances are that "pig" is still going to save your bitch ass.

To OP: Ouch. D= Comes with the job, but you didn't deserve it. To Everyone Else: Even if you don't like cops, you have to respect them, if not for the law that the weild, for the people who chose to take on the job of making the streets as safe as they are able to make it FOR OTHER PEOPLE. To Larselduderino: Are you a bit brain mashed? Cops don't take a few training courses and classes, they work their assess off! They have to learn about the law, under what conditions to arrest or warn someone, how to intervene in various fights, how to use the tools they're given effectively and safely without harming bystanders (They don't always do it, but they try!) and much more. Sure, not all cops and goody goodies and stuff, but for the ones who are out there and are there TO keep us safe, I think you should show a little more respect for what they do. Geez. From the way you guys talk, you'd think that every officer in the world is a criminal gangster from hell here to destroy all that we hold dear. Goodness.

No, you don't have to respect them, you don't have to respect anyone. If you're going to spout such nonsense know what you are talking about! Law enforcement isn't there to protect anyone, they are only there to protect and uphold the law. There have been many a court precedence set to prove this, please look it up. There may be officers that truly put there life on the line to protect others but they are the few.

shooter308 0

please cite these cases. i have no idea what you mean by this. cops don't protect people, they only uphold the law? wtf? there are laws that protect people ya know...

Wow, no more comments. Did I just blow everyone's brains sky-high?

GR3453m0nk3y 4

hahaha well i completely agree for what it's worth

Guess so... Wow. 0.0; Headlines: Fifteen-year-old blows everyones brains on an FML thread sky high! Brains still splattering the pavement! Fifteen-year-old being sought for mass homicide and corpse destruction! Everyone at FML (who's still alive) stunned! XD

theblazian 0

it was too long; didn't read.

GR3453m0nk3y 4

wait youre 15 too?? wow. so apparently the youth(s) of this site are/is the only one(s) with proper morals?? way to be role models parents and adults all say how "bad" and "corrupt" todays teenagers are. but did you ever stop to think, who raised us??

Ah. I guess there are people here who just don't like reading passages of text that span three sentences. XD

YOU'RE fifteen too! =) Nice to meet'cha. Yeah. Funny, it's like all the adults on here are the immature brats who say whatever comes to their mind, despite all the "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" mantra that's constantly drilled into our heads. Well, I guess it must be that it's drilled into our heads or we're all still just too naive, because I see everyone under sixteen as the only ones who aren't constantly screaming at everyone else to "**** themselves". o.0 The world has flipped, flopped, and been twirled around on it's axis. And I still play neopets. Lol.

theblazian 0

Ya it always amuses me when adults and parents say that..... especially considering that back in their day (and even in the present) their generation is doing/did some god awful things.

God Awful doesn't even cover it. Look at hunting Wolves to extinction, corrupt politicians (always will be some. >.>), racism/discrimination (in their generation, it was race. In ours, it's some race and mostly sexual orientation.) and global warming. Our world is a mess. And we're the ones who either make it messier or try to clean it up against the tide of idiots making it messier.

theblazian 0

I think that if you look back at how we have treated various races and religions each generation has gotten progressively better and better overall. Sure there is some racism and prejudice... but it has long since become the minority for the most part and has actually become socially unacceptable.

I wonder what all the other adults here would say if they bothered to read back and saw this conversation... I can just imagine the replies... They'd really put the language from World War Z and How To Break A Terrorist to shame...