By Anonymous - 27/12/2012 22:54 - Australia

Today, while trying to take my Christmas tree down, I learned that at some point during the last few weeks, it became home to a colony of green ants. I'm now covered in bites and terrified to go anywhere near it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 146
You deserved it 3 151

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Angelrose2004 17

That's what happens when you listen to your neighbor and spray your tree with sprite.

You know what that means.. CHRISTMAS SPIRIT ALLLL YEAR ROUND!!

Comments

didnt know green ants existed, useful to know

mandadarling 10

Looks like you got a visit from Anty Claus.

80skid 15

Smother that thing with bug spray and try again later.

I guess it's good that you discovered the colony of ants early on but I always thought it was tradition to keep your decorations up until January 7th to celebrate the New Year! (:

It's not about the New Year. In Christian religions they believe that the Magi didn't get to Jesus in the manger until January 6th, thus creating the 12 Days of Christmas. It's tradition to put the tree up on December 24th and take it down on January 7th in order to celebrate all of it.

crazytwinsmom 25

Our city trash pickup won't take the tree after the second trash day after Christmas. And it can't have anything on it, like icicles, or they leave it.

Unless you live in Puerto Rico where the Christmas trees are up from the weekend after Thanksgiving until mid January (8 days after the 6th)...little more than 50 days of Christmas.

crazytwinsmom 25

Nice! I once kept one up until March, but didn't turn on the lights after early January because of the dryness.

bugmenotmofo 34

Well... are flamethrowers legal in your area?

Considering flame throwers can throw flames, I doubt they're allowed in any non third world country.

Homemade flamethrowers are apparently perfectly legal in the US.

bugmenotmofo 34

28, flamethrowers are legal in US - as farming equipment, depending on state.

BubbleGrunge 18

I hear Australia has massively large spiders. Now the ants are green? I really want to visit there some day, any other critters to be forewarned about? Personally, I wouldn't mind being attacked by little blonde bug named Daniel Johns....

onorexveritas 23

I've never heard of green ants before o.o I do agree, that does suck