By Anonymous - 11/09/2015 10:51 - United States - Pleasantville

Today, while blissfully unaware that it was the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, I was making paper airplanes during my free period in school. Next thing I know, I was reported for, "making jokes about the 9/11 attacks." FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 470
You deserved it 8 859

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's only making fun of 9/11 if OP purposefully crashed the paper planes. If they got upset just for him flying them, I'd say they're being a bit over sensitive. 9/11 was a tragedy, but it doesn't make such simple activities suddenly taboo.

My gosh everybody on top is getting down voted. Regardless of what they say OP, that is an exceedingly stupid thing to get in trouble for. It is a paper airplane. People are getting way to sensitive. I understand that 9/11 affected thousands and thousands of people, but it is a freaking paper airplane.

Comments

Awful thing to get in trouble for, and I'm sorry OP's school was that overly sensitive. But also how can OP be "blissfully unaware" of the fact that's it's the anniversary of the attacks. They're referred to as the 9/11 attacks, all he had to know was the date. Not to mention it was one of, if not the biggest, terrorist attack this nation has ever experienced. I feel like it would be excruciatingly hard to not know that today is 9/11.

My brother's birthday is on the 14th. In 2001, at his birthday party, we had toy airplanes and were crashing them. We all stopped as we all realized how horribly tactless that was. (We were teenagers, it was his 14th birthday.) So don't feel too bad, OP.

Rosebudx 32

When I was subbing, I always ended up having to do a lesson on 9/11, and it struck me back then that kids do not know. It is ancient history to most of them. Seniors in high school this year were only three or four on 9/11; scolding them for forgetting about it is nonsensical.

Even if you were mocking the attacks, why should you be reprimanded for it? Do you not live in a free country?

You can't go in to school making bomb threats either. You're a jerk if you think, for a second, that it's okay to 'mock' the events of that day.

RICKoSHAE 4

What time do you go to school? You posted this as 5:something in the morning....

Mortoli 30

man i hope you threw in class and made crashing noises when they hit people. lol honestly dont feel bad i hardly remember these things and honestly as long as you werent throwing them at a set of twins making airplane noises and crash noises it all good. dont see how they can take makin paper planes as disrespectful.