By Anonymous - 11/09/2015 10:51 - United States - Pleasantville

Today, while blissfully unaware that it was the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, I was making paper airplanes during my free period in school. Next thing I know, I was reported for, "making jokes about the 9/11 attacks." FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 470
You deserved it 8 859

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's only making fun of 9/11 if OP purposefully crashed the paper planes. If they got upset just for him flying them, I'd say they're being a bit over sensitive. 9/11 was a tragedy, but it doesn't make such simple activities suddenly taboo.

My gosh everybody on top is getting down voted. Regardless of what they say OP, that is an exceedingly stupid thing to get in trouble for. It is a paper airplane. People are getting way to sensitive. I understand that 9/11 affected thousands and thousands of people, but it is a freaking paper airplane.

Comments

you don't care any ''less''? or not at all? If you were at school, you saw the date.

Kids at my school make jokes about 9/11. Today is my favorite holiday,my role model is Osama, for Christmas I want 72 virgins and so fourth

How the hell did you not know it was the anniversary of 9:11 ITS LITERALLY SEPTEMBER 11th. you did deserve this one

acerredrum 23

How dare you forget what day it is! How dare a high school student let what day of the month it is slip his mind. The horror. The shame!

NellieeNell 18

Not caring any less does not mean you don't care at all. I don't understand how you would even interpret that from my statement, but to each his own. And I didn't have any classes today so the date completely slipped my mind.

You definitely deserved it everyone in America knows bout 9/11 you idiot

rocker_chick23 27

My husband was in a car accident the other day and it totally slipped my mind that today was 9/11. God forbid I am too worried about my husband to remember todays date.

scrollingthru 10

People can dress as Indians ( is it disrespectuf towards the Native-American Genocide? not really) so yes FYL for making paper planes.

Feather headdresses are sacred in their culture so stop saying its alright. They loathe those football fans who dress in the red skins "fashion."

I mean do you dress like that in order to purposely mock them (the intention is not insulting that's what i wanted to say). I agree that those feather heads are sacred indeed.

I guess if they believe you were doing it on purpose and thought you were crashing it I understand. But you don't deserve it because you had no clue, most people still in grade school weren't as effected as their parents.

Jeez. Unless you made paper twin towers too people around you sound like butthurt tattlers