By Anonymous - 05/07/2012 19:10 - United States - Findlay

Today, my waiter turned to me and asked, "Let me guess, Miss I'm-not-fat-I'm-fluffy wants a diet coke?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 766
You deserved it 10 006

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, what an ass. dont let him/her get to you op!

I really hope you obeyed the cardinal rule of the food industry & waited til after you got your food before telling the waiter what you thought of them... If not, you ate something extra with your food... Pretty much gauranteed...

Comments

AGhost5445 25

Ha he doesn't know you want diet Dr Pepper

What type of messed up person says that to somebody?

metaphoristic 8
TarieBoo 2

rude people always get social jobs-.-

134- I think people actually get rude after having social jobs. There are just far too many entitled and stupid people that shit on service industry workers. The waiter probably had plenty of customers that deserved to be spoken to like that in the span of a day, but taking it out on an innocent customer is passive aggressive. Unless OP actually was a bitch and only gave us half the story, which is entirely plausible. Especially if she was an self-entitled bitch, because they are always the victims and never do anything wrong. Just saying...

wow... I would have DEMANDED to see the manager right then & there. That is way out of line, that asshole would have been fired.

that's almost exactly what i was going to say.

Somebody is planning on quitting their job.

kitsune3 20

And this is when we talk to the manager and get that jerk of a waiter busted. If you tell the manager one of his/her employees is being rude to you (and probably other customers, as well, if he's acting that way to one person it's unlikely you're the only one), that waiter will get in serious trouble. May even lose his job. Which he deserves. Food service is a customer-priority business, and he should NOT be working in that kind of place if that's how he treats people.

"Yes, I would, Miss I-get-paid-minimum-wage-because-I-was-too-stupid-to-finish-school-and-will-soon-quit-this-job-to-be-a-hooker."

Obvious8 3

Ummm, I have one Honours degree, I have a skilled trade in environmentally friendly construction, and I still serve tables. I work Mon-Fri at my day job and am a waiter on weekends to make some extra money. I'm probably more intelligent than you'll ever be. Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to judge.

Intelligent waiters would know to keep their thoughts to themselves if they could potentially get them fired, so it's not too much an assumption to say that this waiter probably doesn't have a PhD.

I don't agree with this comment but it is funny!

To me it looks like the one person who was quick to judge was the waiter him/herself..so it would have been totally ok for OP to reply that way :) it was not an offense to all waiters, only to narrow minded, rude, stereotyping ones, and I'm sure it's not your case since you sound quite intelligent my friend..don't take it too personal (:

I thought wait staff made less than minimum wage?

56: To tell Squeaky Chipmunk that you are smarter than him is to judge and to judge harshly. Squeaky might have been better off altering the comment to avoid implying that waiters are all dumb, but it was a funny comment nonetheless, and maybe we should forgive him for it.

*her And I wasn't trying to imply that all waitresses/waiters are dumb. I was only giving an example of a witty retort to someone who was unnecessarily mean.

I would have told him back "Let me guess the smart ass waiter really doesn't want a tip today, or a job to come back tomorrow. "