By Abendigo77 - 14/01/2013 04:49 - United States - Healdsburg

Today, my vegan boyfriend told me that if he were forced to kill either his cat or me, he'd kill me because he "would never kill an animal." FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 547
You deserved it 6 840

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I wonder what his choice would be if it was his life or the cats.

Comments

What I'd be really worried about is since he apparently doesn't consider humans to be animals, cannibalism might not be off the table for this vegan.

jenn87_fml 7

Technically.....you are an animal too! Lol.

Scary that he would even make this statement...Run!

unixdude 9

Well let's be honest here. The cat is a captive so it really has no choice, but you are willingly with a vegan. So I suppose your boyfriend is simply choosing to spare the intelligent life form.

Leave him. And take the cat for good measure.

I'm a vegetarian and I'd be the same. I'd hesitate, but I can't and won't kill an animal. They can't protect themselves or defend like humans can

1. Humans are animals. 2. Many non-human animals can kill unarmed or individual humans. 3. Animals kill weaker animals all the time (owls vs. mice, birds vs. insects, dogs vs. rabbits). Logical inconsistency!

BusinessTurtle 8

Mountain lions are soooo defenseless right? The only reason why humans are so successful is because we evolved the ability to use tools and use reasoning. A human can bring down a deer with a gun by a deer is damn faster than a human on foot. Also if you would put a random animal's life above your mate/person you care about, you should reevaluate the way you think.

The fml states the bf wouldn't kill his cat. Not a random animal -.- but I couldn't kill any animal. I'm not ashamed of that. N when I say defenseless, I'm talking domesticated animals. U guys seem like idiots if u dnt get that. Ik lions have defenses, but domesticated cats n dogs don't have the same defenses. And a cat compared to a human? Easy to say who would win and who would have less defenses.

To be fair, he probably had the cats before he met you.

You should've told your boyfriend that we are all descended from animals.

vvlovesu 9

Well he has some twisted values...