Is this dude a puma?

By Anonymous - 04/04/2020 02:00

Today, my boyfriend broke up with me. Why? Because I became a vegetarian. Apparently, he doesn't believe in "not eating meat." FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 440
You deserved it 1 503

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He’s probably worried you’ll try and force that lifestyle choice on him. It’s his prerogative what values he sees as important. He could just have easily ended it for political or religious affiliation, and while a bit short sighted, it isn’t necessarily wrong to not date someone whose values don’t match yours.

I bet he just wanted to let you down easy. People almost never share the real reason they break up with someone.

Comments

He probably thought you were giving up "tube steak."

He’s probably worried you’ll try and force that lifestyle choice on him. It’s his prerogative what values he sees as important. He could just have easily ended it for political or religious affiliation, and while a bit short sighted, it isn’t necessarily wrong to not date someone whose values don’t match yours.

Jillian Cosby-Kelly 15

I'm engaged to someone with food restrictions. He can't eat pork. IT SUCKS. It is not his fault, but still, the substitutions I have to make are frustrating. I don't blame your ex for not wanting to sign himself up to deal with that for the rest of his life

Yeah but there is a difference between bodily issues and choices. I agree to both sides but I am giving you good luck and great credit for sticking with your SO through their own difficult situation.

Pork is a food that several religions are barred from eating. This is likely a choice and not an allergy or dietary issue.

I bet he just wanted to let you down easy. People almost never share the real reason they break up with someone.

bobsanction 18

So....? You clearly weren't right for each other, seems like it's for the best.

tounces7 27

It's funny how many people put "YDI" it, probably not because she actually did deserve it in this instance, but because they're tired of arrogant vegetarians pushing their lifestyle in your face.

Why are there so many YDI votes? OP has the option to become a vegetarian if she wants to. Now, if she was trying to make her boyfriend do the same thing, then yes she deserves it. But the post doesn't seem to indicate that.

Your ex is an idiot. What does he mean, he doesn't believe in not eating meat? At least you're free to find a guy who'll respect your dietary choices.

HistoryHasEyes 19

If you were getting serious in a relationship to the point of children coming up that could have been a serious contention between you two as to whether or not to raise them to eat meat or not. My aunt and uncle almost broke up for the same reason as my aunt became a vegetarian and tried to get their kids to only eat vegetarian food options when my uncle insisted that she could eat whatever she wanted but the kids still needed to eat meat.