By Abendigo77 - 14/01/2013 04:49 - United States - Healdsburg

Today, my vegan boyfriend told me that if he were forced to kill either his cat or me, he'd kill me because he "would never kill an animal." FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 547
You deserved it 6 840

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I wonder what his choice would be if it was his life or the cats.

Comments

And I thought the vegans on tumblr were extreme in the anti-human agenda...

SApprentice 34

He detests humans, so he's trying to raise non-human creatures in esteem by lowering his value of people, but it doesn't really work that way. By saying that humans are of less worth than the non-humans is still putting them apart, labeling them as separate and somehow special, although in a negative way. Humans are not special though. We're all the same as the other primates, just these funny little instinct fueled creatures. We try to deny it, and we are usually fairly intelligent, but in the end we just follow the urges and desires that lead all of our kind. Eat and sleep. Battle for social dominance. Garner territory. Make a bed. Find a mate. Defend said mate. Procreate, usually. Tend to young. If your boyfriend really wanted to respect the non-human to human correlation he would want to save you, OP, and protect you, because instinct says to protect the mate. If he didn't want to follow his instincts, then, well, he must think that he's better than the non-humans in some way, and that just wouldn't do, would it?

Well, now that you know where he stands, you can make a more informed decision about the kind of person you want to be with.... I don't think it will come down to choosing who to spare between you and the cat, but you can decide how you feel about the fact that he thinks that way....

Maybe I've been married too long, but that's the most romantic my husband would be. He's saying you're not an animal. Lol. Not that he wants to kill you over the cat. Just my take... Always a positive even in a negative.

shan88 14

Really. If that's romance from your husband, you need a new husband! OP sorry your partner is such a douche, he eat a steak next to him :)

mavman79 5

Thankfully the courts won't take his side and I used to be a vegan. I wouldn't touch honey, leather or even wool. He is shallow, thoughtless and lacking cognitive brain function.

I just can't believe how many people out there are overly attached to their pets.

Grauncho 27

Moderator, please close the comments before all the ******* vegans come out of the woodwork.