By Weasel123 - 26/10/2012 07:58 - United States - Anadarko

Today, my roommate decided to go vegan after watching a PETA video. She began this new-found lifestyle by throwing out all of the non-vegan items in the house, including some prime rib we had recently purchased, all of our ice cream, and my chocolate stash. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 935
You deserved it 2 349

Same thing different taste

Comments

skyeyez9 24

Is it just me thinking this, or are most vegans extremely militant in their views, and impose their lifestyle unwillingly on everybody around them?

It's not just you - it's the media that think that too. However, without going and making up statistics, I don't think it's true. A certain number do, sure - they believe there cause is one worth sharing and encouraging - but I think most just want to get on with their lives and respect others. That's definitely the case with vegetarians anyways. Vegans are a bit more extreme so the proportions may be slightly different.

EricJ 3

Most vegans don't impose their lifestyle on others. The person described in this FML is an exception.

Vegans sound like religious people or feminists in that way... The ones who are more respectful of others' decisions never get any attention. :/

damn_homie 2
carminecris89 13

She owes you a lot of money. You should throw away every item of food in the fridge that she has, and replace it with some type of meat. Stand up for yourself and do something about this.

Chocolates have nothing to do with animal cruelty. Why not create an arson at the funding companies premises?

FYI, the thinking behind this is because they're made with milk and a lot of cows used for milk are kept in poor and cramped conditions where they become ill/sore/infected and can't see their calves. I won't try and say it happens in most milk factories or anything - I have no idea of the actual number - however, that is the reason.

Thanks for the info. I only know mars chocolate's affiliated company has something to do with animal experiments.

dwvork 6

Time to go medevial on her meaty ass

No one should ever throw out ice cream. I don't care about chocolate though, it's disgusting.

SwaggCapone 11

To hell with the chocolate. better come up with some money for that prime rib. that shit is expensive

But the chocolate that was thrown out wasn't...doesn't make it okay to throw it out but, in this instance, vegan chocolate would not have helped.

HungerGames95 13

The point is that the roommate shouldn't be forcing her views on others. If she doesn't want to eat vegan chocolate, she shouldn't have to.

I'm not a vegan but I tried vegan chocolate and it was actually better than most of the dairy chocolate so if she doesn't allow you to have any dairy chocolate you have that at least. There are a few exceptions but no matter what she shouldn't have thrown any of his stuff out.

Legendoflaw 4

As long as they bring prime rib, ice cream and chocolate; I'm sure OP would be fine with a few rug rats.

Life_sucks_13 6

Ah I'm sorry op. I'm vegetarian after watching those videos, mostly because they made me sick, but I wont ever force it on someone else. Time to get a new roommate.