By rook - 09/01/2012 09:08 - United States

Today, my parents tried to convince me to get a divorce. My wife and I are perfectly fine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 602
You deserved it 2 630

Same thing different taste

Top comments

some people just want to control everytging about their kids

Plenty of people don't get along with their in-laws. Have fun with it, play pranks on your parents, make a dumb situation fun! Argue in front of them then turn around and laugh about it, as long as you and your wife are happy, what's the issue?

Comments

theyre just trying to make the inevitable happen sooner

They are actially just jealous that you have a better looking wife.

Hmmm... 1. Jealousy 2. Momma's boy 3. They hate her with a passion 4. All of the above...

Shouldnt that be a multiple choice thing, like ABCD?

Damn_Hippster 11
monkeysareyummy 0

#1 you think that they will end up getting a divorce? Are you saying everyone gets divorces? My parents have been married for 17 years and aren't even close to getting a divorce. So shut the **** up and get the **** out. Divorces are sad and yes there a lot of them, but there are also a lot of happy couples that really love each other.

ElenaGrayce 0

Exactly what I was going to say. My husband and I are married, love each other very much, and have two kids together, and every day, our marriage and our family gets better and better. So not everyone ends in a divorce. Only people who had no business getting married in the first place end in divorce.

From the mind of Louis C.K. - Divorce can only be a good thing! Happily married couples never get divorced!

some people just want to control everytging about their kids

Dont even think about this Grammar Nazi's!

Too late! *Nazis. We're not in possession of anything in this case. ;)

hurtandabused 7

Maybe OPs parents can see the future dun dun dun

his did my auto correct not catch that

Torva_fml 16

The same way it didn't catch how*.

I know I tried to correct it earlier but anti-flood protection screwed me again

That's really sad, they shouldn't have that much control over you. They SHOULD have some input. But NOT control over major things like that. FYL.

They don't have control. They are trying to convince OP, but if OP and wife wanted to have a divorce, that's their decision to make and their's to control how it plays out.

Oh I see now. I just read it wrong. Thank you 7 :)

No problem. :) Now if parents COULD control kid's divorces, that would be awful.

Plenty of people don't get along with their in-laws. Have fun with it, play pranks on your parents, make a dumb situation fun! Argue in front of them then turn around and laugh about it, as long as you and your wife are happy, what's the issue?

AlaskanEskimo34 0

I disagree with the arguing part and playing pranks, that will just make them think your juvenile. I suggest talking to them adult to adult and showing them you're both happy. But yeah, as long as you and your wife are happy, who cares?

I am juvenile when it comes to those things(refer to my age), my suggestion would personally be way more exciting/fun. But I guess it depends on the situation, good point!

AlaskanEskimo34 0

Hey I'm definitely not trying to offend you bro. It's just what I'd do in OP's situation I'm not calling you juvenile. My bad if I came off like that.

Did they say your wife was to good for you at the wedding?

L1v3_L0v3_Lau9h 18

Awh, that sucks. Just ignore them. If you and your wife are happy then that's all that matters. Maybe try talking to your parents abou it, explain to them how much you love your wife and that your marriage is absolutely fine. Good Luck :) :)

To set an example for their son, right? Or maybe they should shut the **** up and learn to let go....their little boy is all grown up now. **** OPs life for sure for having medling parents

If everyone thought like you, the world would be ran by a reptilian platypus bird

Umm.....Mommy and Daddy know best? Maybe they're jealous, but I doubt it. It could be that they think you could do better.

AlaskanEskimo34 0

Parents *think* they know best. Of course they always want something better for their children. There is a difference between who is right for you, and who is the one for you.