By Paige - 26/12/2011 06:35 - United States

Today, my parents gave me an iPhone. They then checked my grades online, and promptly took it away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 202
You deserved it 52 247

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Buttsexpirate 9

Damn, man I pity this fool who didn't pay attention in school.

CaptainTwiggy 0

13- I have autism and a VERY terrible attention span. On top of that, I can barely remember anything. I walk out of my room and forget where I want to go very often. I still had good grades and excelled despite this. All you have to do is pay attention, stay organized, and try. Just because it isn't easy doesn't make it impossible. OP just sounds lazy.

Comments

What happened to the holiday season being the time of giving, and not the time of giving based on predetermined circumstances?

Well of course, you need to earn it. Good luck OP! Work harder for the iPhone!!!

Do we actually know that the OP isn't passing their classes? Unless the OP said otherwise their parents could be the type to punish for a B or C. Hell I knew someone who was grounded for damn near two months because they got a B+ in Honors Calculus.

YDI for not taking your education seriously enough!

needsagf14 12

That's not the same thing. And grades are easier to improve than living standards

broken_red_wagon 6

Did you think you deserved an iPhone? Or did you just want it?

Keevarou, you can't really compare both situations here. Parents need to discipline their children for their own good, to make them good persons. To wave money at the homeless is just stupid and cruel. OP's parents are willing to give them an expensive phone if OP keeps their grades up. It sounds like a good deal to me. It's a win-win situation for OP if they take the time to think about it. People just expect everything to be handed to them on a platter.

Guys his grades probably that bad. It could have been what the parents didn't want.

rallets 22

seems like they just bought OP the phone specifically so they take it away

This could be an FML for you if you have a high voice, or an FML for her if she has a really deep voice, but either way, FYL because that would be awkward for your girlfriend to have a deeper voice than you...