By Paige - 26/12/2011 06:35 - United States

Today, my parents gave me an iPhone. They then checked my grades online, and promptly took it away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 202
You deserved it 52 247

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Buttsexpirate 9

Damn, man I pity this fool who didn't pay attention in school.

CaptainTwiggy 0

13- I have autism and a VERY terrible attention span. On top of that, I can barely remember anything. I walk out of my room and forget where I want to go very often. I still had good grades and excelled despite this. All you have to do is pay attention, stay organized, and try. Just because it isn't easy doesn't make it impossible. OP just sounds lazy.

Comments

4everblackjack 10

What in the.. What's your problem? Everyone thumbs him down just because he added another comment?!

My guess is your parents knew what grades you got before they came up to you with the phone, but just wanted to show you what you're missing for not getting better grades...

dreamer9614 3

Ok if I see another moron posting YDI for getting bad grades I will scream. WE. DON'T. KNOW. WHAT. OP'S. GRADES. ARE. They didn't tell us. So OP could be failing every thing, getting B's or just A-'s. Either way the parents didn't check the grades first so they shouldn't have given a good grade based reward. 'Nuff said.

CaptainTwiggy 0

If OP has decent grades, I'm sure she would have mentioned in the FML that they aren't bad. She implied that her grades are poor by not giving details of it. Also, I'm sure if the parents don't allow B's or A-'s they would check her grades before gifting something so expensive. Read between the lines.

My grades weren't good but I got 1 anyway

school can be tough.now how will they reach you.

If you're trying your hardest in school and still doing poorly then drop down a level in that class.

Lol drop down a level? That's assuming OP even has that choice. At my highschool you only had the basic version of every class (except for math in grade 11 and 12) and then the one intended for students with learning disabilities. I had to drop down to the "learning disabled" version in both math and science to be able to graduate on time... Except since I graduated on time, I have to take those classes again to be able to go to university. :/

It's so double posts don't clutter the comments. And I think mods are made aware of it so they can delete it. He already commented once, so this comment becomes useless. But a good majority of it are because people are dicks.

bamagrl410 31

In the US the majority of classes have multiple levels in high school. There's level (or regular), honors and/or pre-AP, and AP. Not to mention some schools offer the IB Programme. Having been to 5 different schools in different states, I can say from my experience that level classes aren't too hard even if you don't try. You'd either have to not show up or do absolutely nothing to get a truly bad grade. OP deserved it for thinking the parents are supposed to give her privileges when she doesn't keep up with the one major task that's asked of a child.