By Cassandra - 14/10/2011 00:10 - United States

Today, my mom took a bright red sharpie and drew a red circle just above my breasts. She said, "If I can see this, ever, your shirt is either too low cut or too see through and it will be thrown away." FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 632
You deserved it 12 208

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why would you let her go near your breasts with a sharpie?

YakuzaxGeneralz 9

How did you let her finish the entire circle? How did you not see her coming with a bright sharpie. Your mother must be a ninja.

Comments

#107 You're an idiot. Showing some cleavage doesn't make you look like a prostitute or mean you'll get raped. OP's mother is going completely overboard. She isn't doing this because she cares. She just doesn't trust or respect her. She wants to control her child and assume she plans to do wrong.

skyeyez9 24

Depends on the girl's age. If she is underage and still lives with her parents because she is still a kid, mom has every right to tell her daughter to not dress like a *****. When she is an adult, OP can dress however she pleases.

OP is obviously new to the world of breasts and SHE is the one who is obviously going overboard with it. It is not like the mother is completely stripping her of her identitty and telling her to throw everything that isn't pink and frilly. Her message is simple and it's "cover up those damn boobs, child!" It isn't about control, it is about helping OP have some self respect and dignity with the way she presents herself to the world. No, cleavage doesn't make you a prostitute nor does it cause you to get raped as that is the offenders fault entirely. But cleavage does signal sexual availability; and if OP isn't ready to handle the consequences of being seen as sexually available (including being harassed, objectified, and stereotyped) then cover up those damn boobs, child!

dakotadk 5

Your mom rocks. My mother does the same thing(just with out drawing on me). She's just looking out for you because she loves you. Take her advice and be happy she cares,she was once your age and knows what she's talking about. I wish more mothers would teach their daughters this.

Shadow_Phantom 26

Honestly, that's crossing the line. FYL.

Salem145 0

I have two little girls. I understand. Sorry. However if your old enough to buy them yourself, and your18 it's your choice what you wear.

perdix 29

That will backfire when the OP meets a guy with a fetish for four-nippled women! They are weirder than the guys who obsess on ginger midgets.

Yup that's right your mother is being a mother

alinka_fml 0

from what it sounds like, you are still just a kid so your mom us right

waitnobodycares 6

Your mother is awesome. There is nothing wrong with dressing like you have dignity.

So you let her? Wtf is up with her not letting u wear clothesvif you can " see the circle" its not her choice for what YOU wear.... Ur old enough OP, right?