By Cassandra - 14/10/2011 00:10 - United States

Today, my mom took a bright red sharpie and drew a red circle just above my breasts. She said, "If I can see this, ever, your shirt is either too low cut or too see through and it will be thrown away." FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 632
You deserved it 12 208

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why would you let her go near your breasts with a sharpie?

YakuzaxGeneralz 9

How did you let her finish the entire circle? How did you not see her coming with a bright sharpie. Your mother must be a ninja.

Comments

Strict mother but I have to admire her for that. :) YDI.

your mom really is... awesome but also the enemy of all men

Where did all these intelligent comments come from? Are the ding dongs all protesting on Wall Street?

abby4592 1

oh, trust me, i know how that is. haha but its honestly because she doesnt want you to appear a certain way or give off the wrong message to the fellas, or anyone for that matter. i think she couldve done it in a better way. it feels nice but be looked at but honestly, those ppl who look at you for the reason of dressing cheap, their mind isnt even worth pleasing.

I just don't are a problem with this. she obviously Is looking out for you.

Holy_Schnikes 23

No matter how you dress people can still say things. Trust me I know. I'm glad a mother cares how her child looks but even if you dress 'modest' you can still be a dirty girl. I'm glad my mother wasn't quite like that but then again she didn't have to worry and she didn't care unless a co-worker was around.

'As a kid under 18, living at home, you are not an adult and thus not free to make your own decisicions' And then you people wonder why todays youth is not capable to make decisions, let alone good ones. Come on, guys, people make mistakes and people learn from them. I think that it's better to explain to your teenage kids why some behaviour/dressing code/language/... is wrong and will not (or badly) be accepted in society, and instead of demanding them to act like you wish (which will often lead to the opposite), let them choose for theirself. If the 14-year-old daughter still wants to dress slutty, despice your good advice, let her. When she's 16 she will be ashamed of herself and when she's 40, she can give her teenage daughters even a better advice, based on experience. How older kids are, how less dominant parents and how more democratic parenting should be.

Democratic parenting? I'm not trying to offend you, but I take runaway reports all day and I deal with parents who have lost control of their kids. They are at their wits end to fix what has been broken, but it's too late. Being your kid's friend just doesn't work. Kids and even adults need parameters. As a parent you are supposed to teach your kids, if you don't how will they know what's right from wrong. And I don't think the appropriate answer is to let your 14 year old daughter dress slutty, hoping she will feel embarrassed about it later. The last 4 years of childhood have a profound effect on where their life goes. It's hard to correct mistakes made. This generation doesn't have problems making decisions because they aren't given free rein, it's because they are. When nothing is forbidden, everything is permissible. Kids of this generation struggle because parents are more concerned with being their friend and not their parent. I'm not suggesting taking away independent thought or all choices, but you do have to be involved since it's your responsibility to help shape them into decent adults. My parents were strict, and I'm happy about it, rather than holding on to some petty grudge, carrying it on into adulthood. But each parent needs to decide for themselves, it's not any persons place to dictate the how. I'm just working off of my experience and the repercussions I have seen stemming from democratic parenting.