By Naomi - 10/11/2013 10:28 - United Kingdom - London

Today, my husband and I went for our 20 week scan and found out we're having a girl. The first thing he said to me was, "The next one better be a boy or I'm leaving you". FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 547
You deserved it 4 912

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Pwn17 25

You obviously have to leave him now. It's the FML rule.

HeyHeyFishFillet 34

Sometimes I feel like I learn more here on FML than in class.

Comments

Making a girl means you have stronger sperm. Be glad he isn't Henry VIII.

How does she have stronger sperm? Females only produce eggs...

But King Henry VIII did have male children. They were just with his mistresses and unable to be heirs to the throne.

Zimmington 21

59- She didn't say he never had sons she said be glad he isn't King Henry VIII because he killed his WIVES that didn't have sons

Two of his wives were beheaded and it was for other things such as suspicion of adultery and witchcraft. It wasn't only about male heirs.

69 he made that up because they had girl babies and he wanted a divorce to try with his new mistresses but the church wouldn't let him so he needed a more permanent solution which was to frame them for crimes and have them killed.

Anne Boleyn had only one living daughter "Elizabeth". Whom are these other daughters you speak of? But I agree that he moved on with Jane Seymour and wanted to rid of Anne. I'm guessing he didn't want to stay married and breed with what the people called the "King's *****". That's what I meant by "It wasn't only about male heirs". Also that's not why he beheaded the other wife, she never had children.

he had a daughter, Mary with his first wife catherine, he didn't behead that wife he did manage to divorce her... he had 6 wives its a little confusing

fooltemptress 36

Henry VIII beheaded Anne Boleyn because he didn't want to endure another divorce like he did with Katharine of Aragon. Henry went against popular opinion for years in order to be with Anne. Her death had little to do with what the commoners thought of her and everything to do with the fact that it was becoming increasingly obvious she would not bear him a living son.

Divorced, beheaded, died, divorced, beheaded, survived. That's the only way I remember the order! Catherine of Argon's babies all died...except Mary. Henry believed the reason she could not give him and heir was because he 'claimed' God was angry at him for marrying her brother's wife and would not grant him a son. Anne gave him a girl and he then claimed she was sleeping around. Jane did give him a son Edward but her wasn't very healthy and died young.

frizz101 22

If I remember right he had 3 sons, a stillborn with Anne, one with his mistress before he divorced Catherine, I believed he died as a teenager, and one with Jane, who died as a child. I may be wrong, I haven looked at the history about Henry in years, but I think this is right. But I do know he had Mary with Catherine, and Elizabeth with Anne.

juturnaamo 29

#140-Horrible Histories? I love that song.

Yes because the female is the one that determines baby gender.

Hopefully the next one (and this one) isn't as close-minded as him. Congrats either way OP!

I'm sure he's not serious OP. No educated person in this day and age can say that and mean it. Unless he's not educated or unforgivably stupid, then you'd be screwed.

My grandfather believed 100% that females determined the genders. Despite me telling him it wasn't and presenting substantial proof, he was stubborn enough to call me stupid and that he wouldn't believe something so obviously wrong.

frizz101 22

Your grandfather is part of a generation that blamed women for everything. Scientific studies have proven that men are more often the ones sterile, not women, and that men determine gender, and also are partially responsible for the health of the children but women have been blamed for not being able to bare children for thousands of years, they were blamed for not producing sons or healthy children. Really I think men just didn't want to take blame for being almost entirely responsible for their children.

I'm confused. Sperm decides the gender. A woman has no control and biology says if you don't have a boy it's his fault. He should leave himself.

my dad said the same thing to my mom.. "luckily" she had a boy next

Wow. Dick move! That kinda happened to my mum. An ex told her he would've stayed with her if my elder half sister had been a boy :/ unless he was joking I would kick him the **** out. If he's only with you for the prospect of having a son, he clearly doesn't love ir respect you. Screw him!

You couldn't realise he was an idiot any sooner? FYL!