By radiationkillz - 21/03/2011 04:25 - United States

Today, my girlfriend bought several bottles of Potassium Iodine pills and a gas mask, due to the radiation scare from Japan. We live in Texas. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 271
You deserved it 7 287

Same thing different taste

Top comments

no offense but ur gf may be a retard

I hope your gf is hella hot to make up how dumb she is.

Comments

XxPurplePandaxX 0

I live in California... NOONE has any that stuff. it wasn't even supossed to go to Canada or Alaska ._.

jimbob13 0

your girlfreind must be retarded: 1- what she baught 2- well she's from Texas and everyones retarded there :)

ReynshineCutting 10

...at least in Texas we can spell...

hahaIdiot 2

baught? really? if you are going to insult someone, you better make sure you spell the words correctly.

jimbob13 0
GallifreyDog 2

Oh yeah, insulting people is okay because you're only 12. Idiot..

Ahh, I hate to burst your ignorant bubble, but most people learn to spell basic English words by the time they're in the 5th grade...

jimbob13 0

well why don't you make fun of English people :)

Because English people are awesome. :)

that is so not true I was born and ******* raised in that state u will not trash it like that im so ******* offended that i could cuss u out in 2 different languages but us TEXANS r polite enough not to

i have a gass mask but its for fighting off mustardgass and blazing

just some info about iodine pills and radiation. first and foremost they are effective at preventing cancer from radiation. HOWEVER that is only true of THYROID cancer! they work by flooding your thyroid with iodine so the radioactive iodine particles you may come in contact won't be absorbed by your thyroid since it is at it's iodine capacity. that being said, they have to be taken at a specific time before exposure to even be effective. most adults shouldn't even bother with them either. pregnant women and children are at the highest risk since their thyroids are the most active.

ReynshineCutting 10

If that's how you really feel, then stay the **** out of our state.

Prankster7o7 5

I think we can become friends. :) Texas the best state period.

OP, you are dating her. Clearly, she is not very intelligent and can't think for herself. You have a total control over who you date. Since you continue dating her, it's a YDI. Stop bitching about your girlfriend. No one is going to feel sorry for you when you have control of the situation.

*blinks* I...I don't even know... Wow, OP, your girlfriend might belong much better with one of these Darwin-worthy children on FML lately. Though I suppose she's one of the rare specimen that overprotects as opposed to... well, not.

Surely in this context, you mean Intelligent Design-worthy.

dudeitsdanny 9

196, yes, exactly. My mistake. My earlier comment should read "Darwin Award worthy" not "Darwin worthy". Failure on my part, haha. Oh the irony...

ReynshineCutting 10

Maybe she's just worried about the reactors in Texas having problems one day? I mean they're not exactly new and we've all been worried a time or two about them. When 9/11 happened my family packed up and drove five hours south to get away from them just in case the entire country ended up in chaos with no electricity and whatnot to keep them under control.

1O 0

What people have to realize is that the amount of radiation that is coming overseas, is such a miniscule amount that it would not do ANYTHING. We face more deadly germs and toxins on a daily bases that are many times more dangerous than whats floating over the ocean.