By Anonymous - 27/07/2012 21:23 - Romania - Bucharest

Today, my fiancée's OCD hit a new low when she screamed at me for flicking the light-switch off "the wrong way". This led to her flicking it on and off about a dozen times, followed by a twenty-minute lecture on how to do it "properly". We're getting married next month. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 131
You deserved it 9 047

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

Make sure you request lots and lots of light bulbs on your wedding registry!

Comments

Did you know about her OCD when you proposed to her? If so, you made a commitment to stay with her for life and support her. You're a dick for posting for the world to see about her mental illness.

What? So just because you know about someone's medical conditions or bad habits, etc, (not calling a mental illness a bad habit, fyi) means that it can NEVER become a deal breaker, because you already knew about it? What if she gets worse? What if, like my sister-in-law's first husband who is BiPolar, she stops taking her meds, refuses help, and becomes abusive to him and any children they might have had? He should just stay with her because he made a vow? While I agree that people shouldn't cut and run at the first sign of a bumpy road, nor should they be tied to a block of concrete and left to drown merely because they promised to do so, especially if their life or own mental health is in danger.

Ins0mau 20

This site is completely anonymous. So how is it a breach of privacy or confidentiality?

Talk with her about it. If you guys are really serious about getting married, you need to be able to work through things 'better' and 'worse'. If she's willing to talk with someone about this (like a doctor or therapist) and find ways to overcome this hurdle, then y'all will be just fine! If she's not willing to.. or if you approach it accusingly, then you may want to wait to get married till you can figure out how to communicate and work things out.

I can only imagine her pmsing.... I'm so sorry man.

My little brother has a really bad case of OCD. She needs to go back to therapy and possibly change her medication. It's not easy for you (trust me I completely understand beig put through this by someone you love- sucks) but its not easy for her- she's suffering. You need to talk to her and tell her she needs to seek professional help in order for her to stop suffering and to live in existence with her OCD not underneath her OCD. It will be tough but you two an do it! Good luck OP :)

jaggerbaby4726 1

That's nothing compared to my OCD. You've got it easy, trust me. Not only do I do things that drive Me and everyone else.crazy, but I.argue with myself about it afterward.

Moka96 7

She is probably just stressed out about the wedding like all brides. O-o

It's not OCD, it's CDO....in alphabetical order, like they're supposed to be :P

sweetbabysweet93 10

OCD is a serious mental illness, and I see that some commenters don't realize that. Try some therapy or counseling. You can minimize the crippling effect it can have, and you can both enjoy your marriage as well. It's hard, but anyone with a mental illness wants someone to stick by them through their faults and hardships. Be that person. /endsappycomment