By Anonymous - 03/02/2012 08:12 - United Kingdom

Today, my dad killed my pet rats. They were playing on the sofa, and he thought they were vermin. This would have been understandable if the reason he came over wasn't to meet them, and they hadn't been wearing bright pink walking harnesses. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 005
You deserved it 7 215

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your dad is a bit of an asshole, isn't he?

So2011 4

Those rats were obviously pets because of their harnesses. I have never seen a sewer rat or any other kind wearing a harness. Very rude of your dad.

Comments

Thats terrible. I can't believe someone would do that to an innocent animal! You're dad is a bad person. Horrible!:(

RedPillSucks 31

I'm having trouble picturing this. Walking harness on a rat implies you take them out for a walk? How big is the leash? Or more importantly, how big are these rats? Not capybara size, I hope.

perdix 29

I can picture the OP walking the rats down the street on leashes, but I can't get my mind around him using the tiny rat pooper scooper. Where do you get a rat pooper scooper?

skyeyez9 24

Maybe ants carry the little turds off to their nests.

I had a leash for my guinea pigs back when I had them. Neither the animal or the leash are huge or anything. It's just something the pet store sells. I personally wouldnt take a rodent for a walk but I would use it to keep them from running away and under the couch when they're out of their cage.

perdix 29

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
perdix 29

Then, they'd be wearing flannel collars ;)

take revenge shrek style and cook those Vermin on a spit over an open fire . DADDD, DINNERS READY ! "mmmm this beef stew is quite chunky!" yes..... keep eating...

floopyflooper 2

Yeah, because she would want to feed him her beloved pets.

monkiki62 5

Theres nothing wrong with cats. They don't eat their own shit and vomit like dogs. But maybe that's why you like them.

Me! Me! *waves arms* I'm a cat lady!!! :p

HannahWho 8

Just because you might not appreciate a certain animal does not mean their uses are not apparent. Cats tend to be great for apartment living, they don't need to be walked (you can but they usually hate it) and clean themselves. You can leave them alone without worrying about them being sad or depressed. They tend to be affectionate but not needy. Dogs are awesome but in apartments they bark and tend to make a bigger mess unless you have a small, well trained dog. So different strokes for different folks. Rats are smaller and can be affectionate, so they are also good for people without a lot of room to have bigger animals.

ikoihil 4

Actually, small dogs aren't as intelligent as medium and large breeds. Small dogs bark more, bite more, and are more difficult to potty train. ...Plus, dogs are so much better than cats, as they don't defecate into a box, step through the polluted litter, and then track it throughout the house. How disgusting.

Sorry for your loss, so as they sat up on their hind legs all cute and pink eyed, your thoughtless father smashed their skulls. I don't get it, he knew he was on his way over to meet your new pets and they were dressed for the occassion, but he thought they were filthy intruders. Since you do not provide your gender, I'll caution you in general to be careful when you invite him over to meet your new boy/girl friend!

My pet rat was pretty cool, till I found out he was really a man by the name of Peter Pettigrew.

HiddenMonkey 8
Fangsnuzzles 8

I love you for making that reference.

Fangsnuzzles 8

I feel bad for making a sound out of amusement, but it's because I was surprised your dad is that oblivious/mean to have killed your pets. The harnesses sound awfully cute. Sorry OP, I offer my condolences :(

Aw I hate rats but this one actually makes me sad, little pink harnesses :( how cute

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
GoW_Chick 14

So just because their pet wasn't one of the social norm they deserve to have their pets killed? No, you are wrong on this one.

RyNo24, if that's their choice of a pet then YOU HAVE NO ******* RIGHT TO TELL THEM WHAT TO GET AND WHAT NOT TO GET from the wide choices of pet animals. Take your Pet Police crap out of here. ******* ****...

Hey asshole if they wanted your opinion on what pet to have asked...