By Anonymous - 03/02/2012 08:12 - United Kingdom

Today, my dad killed my pet rats. They were playing on the sofa, and he thought they were vermin. This would have been understandable if the reason he came over wasn't to meet them, and they hadn't been wearing bright pink walking harnesses. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 006
You deserved it 7 215

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your dad is a bit of an asshole, isn't he?

So2011 4

Those rats were obviously pets because of their harnesses. I have never seen a sewer rat or any other kind wearing a harness. Very rude of your dad.

Comments

monkiki62 5

I'm sorry I would not speak to my dad after that. Id go off on his ass and disown him. My pets are the most important. Ur dads a dumbass and the biggest jerk ever.

DirtyPaganIrish 0

Honestly, is your dad that stupid to think wild rays wear bright pink harnesses? I'm sorry for you loss. Rats are great pets.

I have to say it. Your dad did you a favor. A walking harness on a rat?? I thought I was freaking weird

So... because you think someone's pet is weird (even though it's really not; rats are great pets, and sometimes you need to keep track of them when they're out of their cages) it's a good idea to kill it for them? That makes no sense.

Never said it was weird to own a rat. To own a walking harness for your rat...that's weird, wait....beyond weird I meant. It's even weird to me when parents have them on kids. Rats are great pets though...very obedient.............and do tricks........and are useful like dogs.............oh wait. They aren't/ cant do any of those. Only thing they're good for are feeding snakes and teaching young pet owners discipline and responsibilities for when they get a real pet. Dog/cat/parrot/horse etc..

Wow, you obviously know nothing about pet rats. To start, they're nothing like wild rats-- they're genetically different, they behave differently, and they aren't disease carriers like wild rats. I know you never said they are, but you must think of them that way if you would want to kill them. Pet rats are actually super intelligent, more intelligent than cats and birds, and way more intelligent than fish, hamsters, gerbils, or plenty of other "real" pets. They're about as smart as dogs, and they're WAY nicer and more playful than hamsters and mice. They CAN learn to do tricks, they are obedient, and usefulness? What about the fact that domesticated rats are used to lay wires for computers or for children in therapy? Look up "working rats" and you'll see what I mean. Only certain dog breeds actually do work, anyway, so what's the point of those ridiculously small dogs that people sometimes carry in purses? I've had a dog, and I have to say he's not particularly useful or intelligent. Rats are definitely better pets than dogs. Also, you should know that in many non-Western countries, dogs are treated similarly to rats-- they're disease carriers and they are eaten in many countries. As far as giving them to snakes for food goes, I cannot fathom why you would sacrifice an intelligent, cute, and useful pet to a pet that is honestly stupid, ugly, and useless in comparison. You can get walking harnesses for ferrets, dogs, even cats, etc. If you want to be able to take a rat out of its cage and not worry about losing it, a harness is a good idea. I have also had a bird, and I have to say it was annoying that I couldn't take him outside or even out of his cage if he wasn't clipped because he could hurt himself or get lost. Harnesses for rats=logical and useful...

Lol dude please eat something. Every time I scroll over this comment I think I keep seeing an anorexic person. At least take picture with shirt on.

tlynne18 0

Omg, I'm so sorry for you :( that's terrible.

pet rats are a tasty snack for pet snake

Mearemoi 14

My friend has a pet rat and it's the cutest thing ever :D Sorry OP, your dad is an asshole. I wouldn't invite him over to your house anymore if you get new pet rats/another pet.

I'd kill over my ratties, so I feel you're pain.