By SantaClaus - 02/11/2013 04:19 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my 8-year-old came home from school crying. Apparently her teacher told the whole class to write about how they felt when they learned that Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy weren't real. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 605
You deserved it 6 010

Same thing different taste

Top comments

even worse. my 5 year old nephew had the same experience. his teacher had the same assignment and got the whole class in tears because they all still believed in santa

My sisters are ten and they still believe, so that was a major bitchmove.

Comments

I bet she just assumed that all 8 year old's do not believe anymore. Sorry that your kid found out that way! But i bet she feels bad about it now

I love how everyone is saying the teacher is in the wrong. I've told my child from the begging Santa wasn't real and she is happier not being lied too.

At last, someone with some sense in them.

I'm guessing that you don't read her stories, because they're not real.

There is a difference between reading a story and believing it to be true...I´m guessing your children are afraid to go into the forest because of what happend to Red Riding Hood´s grandmother...

right now I'm not happier because my sister now know he isn't real so my mom is telling me how she shopped for us and I wish she would stop and I believe in Santa so she will leave me alone so I am happy to be lie to just need to get it out

that's messed up. clearly she has never seen the look of wonder on a child's face Christmas morning at all the presents that Santa left them that night.

Well I always had a look of wonder because of all the nice things my loving parents and family got me. I don´t feel to deeply traumatized because we skipped the Santa stuff and my father never dressed up in a red suit...

... 8 is a little old to still be believing that junk. I've known 2 year olds who figured it out...

That's when you have the teacher write a letter HERSELF about why she was wrong and how she should come up with a different assignment.

Santas not real and we can't say Merry Christmas without offending anyone - I think some people just need a good slap .

Go to the school and beat the **** out of the teacher. That'll teach her that IS real.

I don't see why people are taking this so seriously. I don't ever remember caring for a Santa because my parents never said whether he was real or not. When I did eventually ask they said no. Did I care? No. The teacher did nothing wrong.