By SantaClaus - 02/11/2013 04:19 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my 8-year-old came home from school crying. Apparently her teacher told the whole class to write about how they felt when they learned that Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy weren't real. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 605
You deserved it 6 010

Same thing different taste

Top comments

even worse. my 5 year old nephew had the same experience. his teacher had the same assignment and got the whole class in tears because they all still believed in santa

My sisters are ten and they still believe, so that was a major bitchmove.

Comments

birds_fml 7

I was like 11 or 12 before I learned there was no santa, but for a few years before that, I was actively choosing to believe, because I knew Christmas wouldn't be as fun if the presents didn't appear by magic. Plus my brother had asked my mom if there was santa, and he knew, and he wasn't supposed to tell us but it was obvious he didn't believe. Eventually I decided I'd rather know for sure and asked my mom. What kind of psycho teacher tells 3rd graders there is no santa?! Most kids believe in santa till the age of 10 at least!

Are there any statistics about that? None of my friends in school (when I was 6) believed in Santa. And what will happen if another kid will tell that Santa is not real? Sue that kid and the parents, get the kid kicked out of school and beat the shit out of them all?

mandersdawn 0

I would so call and bitch to the principal. Obviously that teacher doesn't need to be working with elementary school children.

SuperMew 22

I think people are taking this a little far. Instead of going to the principal trying to get the teacher fired ask to speak to the teacher instead. Everyone has a different background. The teacher could very well have had many years where none of the kids believed in Santa. I know that my teacher asked us when I was seven if anyone believe in Santa. No one raised their hands. And when asked why, the kids said their parents told them that Santa was not real. No one cried. No one threw a fit. So the teacher assigned us something very similar to write about. Maybe the teacher asked the kids and no one raised their hands. Maybe the school policy is to not celebrate "pagan" holiday traditions. Either way, instead of taking up the sword and slaying the teacher for a mistake, speak to the teacher and say, "I did not find this appropriate" and ask why the teacher chose to assign that assignment. The teacher might have made an honest mistake and will not do it again.

And then I complained to the school board

squarecircles 13

Some ppl should never even be teachers

I'm with #1 I mean she can't just go around telling kids stuff like that she HAD to know some kids didn't know I mean that's just....mean

Oh and OP if I were you I'd go to school and beat the crap out of her that'll teach her not to say things she shouldn't

SuperMew 22

Why do people keep saying the teacher needs to be fired, hurt, or injured. It is not her job to continue telling your children lies. If you have a problem with it, be an adult and speak to the teacher about the problem. But there will always be people who tell your children things you do not like and unless they are illegal (such as racism, sexual advances, etc) a teacher does not deserve to be fired for not lying to your children.

file a complaint against the teacher! She had no right to do that. My little brother is 8 & he still partially believes in that stuff, she should've taken more caution. AND for your daughter to come home crying? She gets the worst teacher of the year award

DanceJunkie98 4

I think 8 yrs old is the age kids should find out... like seriously at nine they should know, and seven is a bit young...and you chose to lie to your kid about fairy tale BS so YDI

SuperMew 22

I read through all the comments. While Santa and other mythical creatures are a fond part of people's childhood, but it is not the end of the world for a child to be told the truth. The teacher should have been a little more compassionate towards children and their beliefs, but they are not required by law to say Santa is real or exists. Instead of getting them fired or going to kick her ass, be reasonable and speak to the teacher like an adult.