By SantaClaus - 02/11/2013 04:19 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my 8-year-old came home from school crying. Apparently her teacher told the whole class to write about how they felt when they learned that Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy weren't real. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 605
You deserved it 6 010

Same thing different taste

Top comments

even worse. my 5 year old nephew had the same experience. his teacher had the same assignment and got the whole class in tears because they all still believed in santa

My sisters are ten and they still believe, so that was a major bitchmove.

Comments

To the people giving the teacher shit for their choice of assignment I hope you all know that assignments are set by someone higher than the teacher and handed to them to give to the class. Unless the teacher chose to do this all by themselves then I don't think they're the only one to blame here. It's a fml for the children, the parents and possibly the teacher. We need more information on this, like did the teacher choose to do this or were they told to by someone higher up in the education department? Like I said, most assignments, class work, class trips, anything like that is decided by people higher in the education line and passed down to teachers to pass on to students. It could have been an honest mistake, someone not realizing that at 8 children still believe in this stuff or it could be a dick move by the teacher. We don't know all the information so no one can really judge.

What planet do you live on? The teachers are told what the children have to learn, not how to teach it! Assignments are personalized by the teachers, so, yes, this teacher CHOSE this assignment. No "higher up" gets that involved in classroom workings unless the teacher in question is a problem.

My mother is a high school teacher and her mother was a elementary school teacher. I can assure you with complete confidence that while the assignments must follow the curriculum, the teachers do indeed choose the assignments themselves, and as far as feild trips go, it only has to go as high as the department head or maybe the principal.

fucMyLifeSoHard 18

25- Are you retarded? Teachers are given an AKS to teach, but each teacher writes an individual lesson plan. It was the teacher's assignment, it is nobody else's fault but the teacher.

Not always so unless you personally 100% know this assignment was issued by the board of education

I found out at school by a teacher as well and it was horrible! OP I am so incredibly sorry this happened to your child and hope their broken heart heals quickly! ... And not to sound like a broken record, but I definitely think you should speak with the teacher about this; there's something wrong with a person who does this! For goodness sake they could've asked who believes before deciding (and its horrible to even contemplate) to create such a horrible assignment!

Aint that a kick in the head... this would have been a good assignment for your daughter if she was like.... I dont know, 14, 15 years old? F your daughter's life

I don't think that should be an assignment at any age. I'm sure there are children at the age of 14 who still believe in Santa Claus, or any other fantasy fiction character.

"And here, at the top of the globe, is the North Pole where Santa lives! But we all know he's not real!" That's how I found out at 9. I was crushed.

Llama_Face89 33

I saw a woman at Walmart buying toys with her kid (looked about 6). Kid was reaching for a toy while she was paying and she said, "no you can't have that now it's going to be from Santa." You're missing the point, woman!!

Epikouros 31

At least she clearly communicated her feelings, so she should get an A.

hannahsnyder69 16

SHE RUINED THE HOPES AND DREAMS OF SMALL CHILDREN WHO THE HELL DOES THIS

Maybe someone who knows how to use capitalization, punctuation and grammar?

bman5064 11

I think it's up to the parents to bring that stuff up. What a ****** asshat teacher