By SantaClaus - 02/11/2013 04:19 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my 8-year-old came home from school crying. Apparently her teacher told the whole class to write about how they felt when they learned that Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy weren't real. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 605
You deserved it 6 010

Same thing different taste

Top comments

even worse. my 5 year old nephew had the same experience. his teacher had the same assignment and got the whole class in tears because they all still believed in santa

My sisters are ten and they still believe, so that was a major bitchmove.

Comments

It's stupid getting angry over that. Facts are facts and believing in a lie like that is doing more harm than good to kids. Y'all need to grow up.

Maybe your kid could write about how her teacher ruined their childhood dreams.. What a idiot. Who does that??!?? I'd report that teachers ass to the school board. Going to the school directly leaves room for them to cover each other's asses.

My oldest is 9 - not quite sure if he still believes or is just playing along / humouring us. In our house, presents are bought, and then sent off to Santa for delivery.

caitiebug1119 15

I still believed in Santa, the Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny until I was 10. I cried like someone died when I found out they weren't real. This assignment really needs to wait until at least fifth grade.

Kids gotta know sooner or later. That teacher is awesome!

While I'm no fan of lying to children, she's still an asshole. She just assumed that none of them still believed in Santa.

proberts17 4
kitsuneluvuh 12

My parents sat me down one day and told me they weren't real. I felt like my whole world was ripped out, and I cried so hard. I think I was older than 8, too, though I don' remember. Either way, that's not the sort of assignment a teacher should hand out, especially to such young children.

Terrible teacher. She needs to watch Rise of the Guardians.

SuperMew 22

Why? Rise of the Guardians is still fiction. Just because a movie exists does not mean an adult should change her of the world.

What??? They're not real? My life is ruined... That's a little young to reveal that...