By Anonymous - 04/08/2012 23:04 - United States

Today, my 15-year-old son begged me to pre-order the next season of My Little Pony. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 136
You deserved it 7 342

Same thing different taste

Pecking order of shame

By We're men! We don't grow up, we just grow old. - 24/09/2023 02:00 - Philippines - Makati City

Today, a noisy little kid in the bus seated behind me asked his mom loudly, "Why is that big man watching cartoons for girls?" Me and the guy next to me, who too was watching on his phone, paused for a bit. He smirked, shaking his head, laughing under his breath. He was watching anime; I was watching My Little Pony. FML
I agree, your life sucks 196
You deserved it 905

Top comments

JocelynKaulitz 28

I remember the old days where My Little Pony used to be just toys for little girls…

"not many people" except for every single brony. and there are a lot of them.

Comments

There is nothing frong with him wanting to pre-order My Little Pony. It is more then just a kid's show and MANY adults enjoy watching it. This is coming from someone who isn't a fan btw. But saying it is wrong for him to like MLP is like telling a girl it's wrong for her to like video games. Shows, just like games, have no gender preference. Such it up and tell him if he really wants it to pay for it himself and then you'll pre-order it.

So? I'm 17 and I love MLP:FIM. You sound too up tight about stuff OP. YDI.

Yep, your life is going to completely go down the crapper and the 2012 apocalypse actually will happen, all because your son likes My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I know you're a parent, but seriously - grow up.

Queen_of_Night 20

So... many... Bronies! Brohoof! Brohoof to you all! And to the naysayers. We will love and tolerate all of you. To OP: Don't worry. This past year at the local anime con I met several Military Bronies, mostly Army and Marines. Including a very touching surprise reunion of two from the latter branch (hadn't seen each other since they served and lost contact). The show really is a good one. Even my cartoon hating mother likes it.

alvin4676 7

Yeah, when does the next season start anyway?

Oh, that sucks. I hope he switches to violence and drugs quick enough, that'll be a weight off your shoulders, OP.

I'm 15 and i personally haven't watched the show but some of my friends have and they are perfectly normal. On a more pressing note however isn't strange how there are such double standards in the world. A 15 year old boy watching MLP is frowned upon. But any girl who wants to play football is praised who cares. Also you as a mother clearly need help because you shouldn't care what he watches on TV that doesn't define him as a person. I watch walking dead does that make a zombie hunter, or am i a womanizer because i watch Barney on HIMYM they aren't connected.

Exactly. It seems like in society tomboys are tolerated but tomgirls are "gay."

Watching My Little Pony is nothing special (even if some bronies claim it to be). Not only young kids watch it, but also older people. Let him watch that show if he wants to.