By Jesse - 22/06/2009 16:18 - United States

Today, McDonalds charged me 21 cents for a honey mustard packet. The jerk manager made me break a $50 bill. So I grabbed all their napkins, carried them into the parking lot and tossed them all into the air in protest and drove off. Down the road, I realized I left my wallet at the counter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 782
You deserved it 85 333

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's pathetic. Seriously. I know the manager was being an arse, but that doesn't mean you should act the same. You should carry some friggin change on you. Who walks around with just $50s then gets pissy about it?

How about you skip the honey mustard? What is wrong with you? And you acted like a baby on top of it. Way to go, slick.

Comments

You must of been spoiled growing up. Not everything in life is expected to be free.

tradit03 0

133- if that's 100 people demanding free mustard per day, at 21 cents per person, that would make $21 per day. I get the idea though.

killabee 0

Why does everybody freak out about breaking bills? Still the same amount of money.

I have Heard This Before But In A Different Context.

to everyone who is saying the manager is an ass for charging for the sauce: first of all he doesn't make the rules. it isn't his fault that the company is structured that way. why should he risk losing his job just so you can get free sauce. secondly what makes you think that if its inconvient for you, the rules don't apply? and thirdly he specifically said HONEY mustard. as far as I have seen mustard and ketchup are still free. HONEY mustard is most likely more expensive and therefore has a separate charge.

Uhm... don't get the honey mustard? I'm sure you can survive one meal without it.

AnakinWanders 0

I work at McDonald's. And, please allow me to clear up a few misconceptions: 1) We do not go around make rules just to piss you off. We also don't break shake machines, or ice cream machines, or run out of things to piss you off. And we enforce rules because we have too. Not because we want to, or because we like to play the bad guy. It's in the job description. 2) YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY CUSTOMER! We serve lots of other people to, and while you *should* feel like a valued customer, we also have to make every other customer feel valued. And when we are running the shift three people short during dinner rush, it becomes difficult. 3) We are just trying to make a living like everyone else. There are several other misconceptions I would like to clear up. But they don't relate, AND I'm too tired to list them because I just got off a nine hour shift, four people short, during the College World Series, in a McDonald's where the drive-thru & grill's air conditioning is not working. Also, I am not complaining about my actual job (serving customers, with a good attitude and good service), that's what I signed up for, and that's what I expect to do. I do not expect, and should not have to, deal with whiny, arrogant, self-absorbed people who are flipping out about things that we cannot control, such as charging for sauces. While my store does not do this, I understand why some stores would. Some people grab sauces like that's the last time they will ever have access to that sauce. Also, the recession.