By drakx88 - 06/03/2009 17:11 - United States

Today, it was my final meeting with my psychologist who was helping me with my bipolar disorder. I just found out that he committed suicide. FML
I agree, your life sucks 133 036
You deserved it 6 554

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's horrible... whoever said you deserved that one is an asshole.

Sometimes the people best at helping others, cannot help themselves. I've known MANY people who had good, solid relationship advice...and had the worst relationships. They couldn't do for themselves, but they help/ed a lot of people. I would also suggest learning from his last lesson; as bad as you feel about him doing this...your family & friends would go through that but a million times *worse* if you had taken your own life. Pretty awful stuff. :(

Comments

Emily84 0

About the "You deserved that one" thing, I have a confession to make: I clicked it accidentally a few times (on other threads) because I thought that that would allow me to view the comments written by people who thought that the original poster deserved whatever had happened to him or her. I didn't realize that you have to click on the thread number to see the comments. So, there's a good chance that other people might have made the same mistake, and that not of all the "You deserved that" votes are real.

The same thing happened to Sarah Silverman, and she turned out fine. Stop being such a whiny bitch.

that's terrible. don't let it discourage you though. i am bipolar and was diagonsed at 13 i am now 18. i managed to overcome the challanges and disprove the stigmatisms that come with the disorder. i now attend stony brook university and am magoring in physics. there is hope don't be discouraged. if i can do it anyone can.<333

th3wh1tee 0

Is it strange that I find this ridiculously utterly funny? #5 - That is hilarious too.

How the **** is this funny? If you were bipolar and you found out the psychiatrist that was helping you committed suicide, you wouldn't be laughing.

Everyone has their own demons they need to face down. He might have had a hard time with his own, but I certainly hope you continue working towards your own wellness. Be strong!

snkybstrd 0

Well shit, it looks like you handled your life better than your psychologist. Don't worry about it, take life by the throat.

im so sorry thats horrible but try not to let it get to you, which i know is hard to do

It's not your fault. For the rest here, remember that psychologists are people too. They are not robots that dispense help, they also can have their own problems. In many cases the stigma against getting mental treatment can be worse for psychologists, because there is a belief that they shouldn't need treatment. But the truth is that medical doctors need medical help as well. Anyone who said this person deserved it is not a very good human being.

This. ''The stigma against getting mental treatment''. Some professionals seems to pretend on purpose there is no such thing as a sigma against getting mental treatment and mental illness. It has to be adressed because the patient will be reluctant to accept help. I had a friend who wouldn't accept medication because his family would have found out he was ''doing drugs to feel happy''. He made up lies to meet a psychologist. It didn't turn out well for him. Would have had much better chance to feel less like crap if his therapy was supported with medication. I'm so sorry OP.

abcdefgh_fml 0

WTF?! what are the chances of that happening like one in a million?! It definitely is not your fault though don't worry about it.