By BirthdayFail - 14/08/2012 07:57 - United States - Milwaukee

Today, it's my birthday. Today is also the day my grandma died, six years ago. Since then, I get to sit through any sort of attempted celebration while my mom sobs and drinks herself into a stupor in the background. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 482
You deserved it 1 755

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Try Turning it into a celebration of your grandmas life as well?

Comments

The Mom needs to grow the hell up. Sheesh. I lost my Father whom I loved very much but I don't go around bawling about it. It's called life. Learn to deal with it. This lady sounds exactly like my GF.

Celebrate on another day or just try to talk some sense in your mother. Of course it's sad, but still...

User90210 5

Who cares! My grandma's funeral was held on my birthday when I was 8! You need to get over it! Plus get a life and stop spending your birthday with your drunk of a mother!

noisebox 1

Maybe you plan to be elsewhere on your birthday..

Allah yerhama Nour. inshallah she's granted the highest level of jannah :-)

medichick 5

I always wonder why people pick YDI like the op had anything to do with the situation. I just don't get it. Anyways, happy birthday and be happy!

Of course she had nothing to do with her grandma dying on her birthday, but she could choose to celebrate her birthday the day before or the day after in deference to her mother's feelings.

ellytoad 13

You must have a lot of patience if six years of trying to celebrate with a sobbing drunk hasn't driven you to go elsewhere yet. You deserve to be happy on your birthday, not have your spirits dampened. Are you old enough to go alone with friends?

I feel your pain, OP! Happy Birthday!

R4inb0wBrit3 13

My uncle died on my birthday so I sort of know how you feel OP...