By bannana0zoom - 03/03/2012 08:06 - Canada

Today, it's my birthday. My mom got me a gym membership and a bunch of clothes that are a few sizes too small. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 010
You deserved it 7 973

Same thing different taste

Top comments

K_kanaka 26

You can't understand it now, but in a few weeks or months, if you really hit the gym, you will love her for that present. Happy birthday!

Comments

hateevryone 14

happy birthday. i hope your day gets better.

jujubunni5 9

Just find the receipt and return the clothes

hahaleym 0

I think he's trying to give you a hint

xheathaax 3

None of us really know the case in this situation. She could just have some meat on her which is good. She could either be really heavy which is not healthy. Or she could even be 30 pounds over her ideal weight. That can still be unhealthy, especially if certain health problems run in their family.  I just don't think the mom just did that to be a bitch, but since we don't know she could have.  Maybe the mom tries to mention she is not healthy and the OP just doesn't listen. She probably did it to make her mad and try to get her to see that maybe her weight is unhealthy and to also motivate her. Sometimes the best way to get through to someone is by doing something mean.  My sister is not obese but she is about 40 pounds to heavy, which with my family history is not good. Its already starting to affect her health, so I do stuff to make her mad because it then pushes her. I also make her watch this show that comes on about morbidly obese people, and it really opened her eyes that she is letting herself go. With that I also help her though with eating right and making a gym schedule. It might seem mean what the mom did, especially because people need to be happy with themselves but not if their happy is putting them at risk or diseases.  If you are healthy and not stick thin then your mom should have never did that. 

Coming from someone who used to be overweight and mother did this type of thing (to "help"), I don't care how fat the OP is, this is an incredibly hurtful DEMOTIVATING gift. This type of thing does not help the OP lose weight, it fact it probably makes him/her more self conscious and feel more terrible about themselves, likely causing them to eat more. Personally, I lost all the weight when I finally moved out of my parents house and got away from the criticism and did it my OWN way. Even if the OP's mother had good intentions, this is not the way to go about encouraging weight loss.

I'm thinking that this really isn't a bad gift. Don't you want to be healthy and look good? Thank your mom and hit the gym ingrate.

twifan1901 0

She's thinking ahead! She gave you clothes that will fit you after you lose weight!