By wellthanks - 10/06/2013 17:04 - United States

Today, in class, we were discussing stereotypes. We were asked about common ones about nearby cities. A guy said, "Well, they say Lumberton has the prettiest girls." My teacher asked if any of us were from Lumberton, so I raised my hand. The guy quickly said, "Nevermind." FML
I agree, your life sucks 60 416
You deserved it 5 859

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Pwn17 25

Jesus Christ... Why are so many people absolute assholes?

Little did you know the guy is gay and was looking for another guy to raise his hand.

Comments

clintt 1

Lumberton, Texas I live in Silsbee, and was wondering if I might know you

Depending on what age you are, I could understand his side. For instance, if the guy simply volunteered a suggestion, was taken aback by the teacher asking for a class response, and saw that only one person raised their hand, he might have simply wanted to end the subject and not get associated with any particular female in the school. Regardless, there's no reason to suddenly feel like you're not attractive because a random classmate makes a comment that could have been made for a complete different reason than the one you came up with.

awwwwww. owww. right in the heart with that one. I do admit it's kinda funny though....

QueenOrangeSoda 21

Hold up here: Isn't he actually implying you're pretty? Let's take a look. You were talking about *stereotypes*, and Lumberton having pretty girls was an example. If you were ugly and raised your hand, he would say, "See what I mean?" (Or something like that.) But his saying "Never mind" (two words, mind you) meant that he couldn't say anything to prove it was a stereotype. Maybe I'm mistaken, but that's what stuck out to me.

timss4 19

Definitely didn't have to speak his mind there...

Lumberton Texas? That's where I'm from!

Yep, that's where I waa talking about!

there should be a "You don't deserve it" vote cuz you really didn't deserve that.

QueenOrangeSoda 21

It's called "I agree, your life sucks."