By wellthanks - 10/06/2013 17:04 - United States

Today, in class, we were discussing stereotypes. We were asked about common ones about nearby cities. A guy said, "Well, they say Lumberton has the prettiest girls." My teacher asked if any of us were from Lumberton, so I raised my hand. The guy quickly said, "Nevermind." FML
I agree, your life sucks 60 416
You deserved it 5 859

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Pwn17 25

Jesus Christ... Why are so many people absolute assholes?

Little did you know the guy is gay and was looking for another guy to raise his hand.

Comments

meherm 11

Assholes. Assholes everywhere! How can we get rid of them?!

OP here! I didn't have an account when i posted this FML, but yes I am talking about the Lumberton in TX for you curious peoole out there! Update: After laughing it off with my classmates still hurt, the guy apologized assuring me he was only kidding. Although it did embarass me, I didn't take it to heart! & thank you for the mostly nice comments. :)

Geez.. Would it have killed him to just play along?

Geez.., Would it have killed OP to just play along?

Honestly...I would have just kept quiet regardless of if I was from there or not. You know you're going to be automatically judged as soon as that hand goes up.

KBLUV 1

She's talking about Lumberton, NC.

Kc1001 14

he was just jealous. He's really a girl in his mind.

SkyCloudie 7

Maybe the guy forgot to wear his glasses...?

Valiumknights44 12

Wait... I thought Paradise City is where the girls are pretty... I also hear the grass is green...

I'd simply reply with "wow, I didn't know all the guys were gay where you came from"