By Anonymous - 28/08/2009 13:30 - United States

Today, I went to the doctor about my bruised runners toes. She was inexperienced when It came to athletic injuries, so she googled my condition. I just paid to have her tell me exactly what I had already just googled before I left for my appointment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 161
You deserved it 4 778

Same thing different taste

Top comments

cherlana32 0

That is unacceptable. Don't pay her.

Comments

cherlana32 0

That is unacceptable. Don't pay her.

lol123mely 0

lol uh no 12. good try though

I'm pretty sure there is a clause in malpractice for these kinds of situations.

Bing is better, stop using google everyone

move to Canada, we kick your ass in hockey anyhow

How long do doctors even go to school for this job?

kapowi 0

Oh, how I love free health care (:

He's from Michigan? It's not free yet. She shouldn't have her license.

Brooklynxman 0

My Free Universal Healthcare plan = google/webmd

I would have walked out without paying...Thats just unacceptable from a doctor.

letitbe56 0

That's pretty unprofessional. She should have asked for a consult or referred you to a specialist. When I had mono, the doctor at my university's student health services told me to google it. But that was mostly because you can't treat mono itself, only the symptoms. He was able to make some suggestions himself, but said to look online if I wanted to know more.

letitbe56 0

You've convinced me. That makes a lot of sense. I think I'm a little biased against general practitioners because I'm in the mental health field, and their treatments for mental disorders tend to be less effective than treatment from a psychiatrist or psychologist. Also, as a former runner, I suspect that if the OP is bruising her toes, she's running in a way that puts too much pressure on them, and probably would have benefited from being able to see someone who could help her correct her form. So if the doctor could at least have told her to see a trainer in addition to treating the bruising, that would have been good too. Surely you can agree that teaching someone how to run isn't a general practitioner's job?