By Anonymous - 28/08/2009 13:30 - United States

Today, I went to the doctor about my bruised runners toes. She was inexperienced when It came to athletic injuries, so she googled my condition. I just paid to have her tell me exactly what I had already just googled before I left for my appointment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 161
You deserved it 4 779

Same thing different taste

Top comments

cherlana32 0

That is unacceptable. Don't pay her.

Comments

haha my doctor thought i had ringworm and did some googling and looking at pictures to confirm. he prescribed me some cream and i used it for three works and when it didn't work he referred me to a dermatologist who told me to stop using the cream immediately. doctors should stop googling.

oh the joys of the american health care system. god bless canada :)

dayrin7 4

awww haha lol but who cares this pretty much happens to everyone..hey its life.

chicagofireallez 0

YDI for thinking a woman can be a good doctor. If you wanted someone to bake you muffins or pop out a kid or weep for no reason, go to a woman. But for something like this? Come on!

And opinions like this is why you will always be a virgin. I could know rant about how crap men are, but i'm not going to, because i know not all of them are morons like you. Your mother must be one pathetic woman, if thats what you think of women!

chicagofireallez 0

I personally feel really sorry for Obama. He's trying to do the best thing for America, but he's being blocked by selfish, lying morons. I tend not to get angry and judgmental on the internet, but seriously, our healthcare system has been brilliant for 60+ years, with the implementer Clement Atlee going down in history as one of the greatest Britons ever. All Obama wants is to save the lives of innocent Americans, but he's being stopped by the republicans, who would rather pay for their spotless hospitals because they can afford it. It annoys me. Oh, and also, theres one republican pundit who can **** right off. I laughed out loud when I heard that he had said, "In the UK the brilliant scientist Stephen Hawking wouldn't have been given a chance to live and wouldn't be with us now". He's either a stupid liar, or a stupid person who can't research their facts before going on national radio. Fail.

Some insurance companies require an office visit with your GP so you can get a referral before seeing a specialist. So enough YDIs about that, please. I empathize, though. I once saw a neuro who whipped out a textbook to give me a very basic test, something a decent neuro would know how to do. She then listened to a cell phone voicemail, returned the personal call, misread my MRI, and gave me a completely bogus diagnosis that covered less than half of my symptoms. That was before I discovered ratemd.com.

FireFlie07 20

I didn't say I agree with republicans, or anything about Pundit, I said I disagreed with the way he's (Obama) implementing a universal health care system. I lived in Illinois and had Obama as my Senator, I voted for him for Senate, I didn't vote for him for President, he was too inexperienced and had a bad platform. Which has clearly shown in his first 6 months in office. This shouldn't be a tangent on how Republicans are wrong and Democrats are right, it should be about the fact that America needs universal health care, but are instead getting a costly and dangerous substitute as a replacement for a system (private insurance) which is clearly flawed. Yes insurance is better than it was 40 years ago, but you cannot say that the current system used today is effective when a large portion off the country cannot afford it.

I've had something like this happen before. I was worried I had ring-worm even though the red markings I had weren't itchy at all. The doctor pulled out her iPhone and was fiddling with it then looked up something on Google on her computer and said, "Yeah, I think it's ring-worm." $40 down the drain to hear that.

triplethreat13 0

another FML exactly like this, where the doctor was googling symptoms. my uncle and my mom work in hospitals and if the doctor is inexperienced in an area, they are instructed to find another doctor that knows what they're doing. come on, people, this stuff doesn't happen!