By Anonymous - 28/08/2009 13:30 - United States

Today, I went to the doctor about my bruised runners toes. She was inexperienced when It came to athletic injuries, so she googled my condition. I just paid to have her tell me exactly what I had already just googled before I left for my appointment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 161
You deserved it 4 779

Same thing different taste

Top comments

cherlana32 0

That is unacceptable. Don't pay her.

Comments

letitbe56 0

If you wanted universal health care, voting for McCain was really dumb. Were you a bitter Clinton supporter? Because she would have championed a much more liberal health care reform plan. The Republican solution would have been a step away from universal health care, while a Democratic one, even this one, will be a step towards it. America needs to improve health care access, but I'm not convinced universal health care is the answer. You cite how little health care costs individuals in France, but you ignore the fact that France has had to close hospitals left and right in order to continue operating their health care system on their current budget. That means that individuals needing care have had to travel farther in order to receive it--far from optimal. They've increased financial access to health care, but reduced physical access to it. Out of the frying pan, into the fire. People worry about the cost of these reforms, but they do it without considering the cost of NOT reforming the current system. If these reforms are implemented, the net cost will actually be negative, in that it will end up reducing the enormous burden of a broken system. The current number of people without access to health care causes tremendous burdens on society in the form of lost productivity in the workplace, hospitals not getting paid for the care they provide/clogged ER's, people going bankrupt from medical debt, etc. I fully support any reforms that can bring to America all the advantages of universal health care while avoiding the pitfalls.

My mom was at the doctors and she asked what it was called again. When the doctor told her what it was she wrote it down,he then says " why are you going to Google it?" She said yes! He then took her back in to examine her again:P Haha, good thing we live in Canada! :D

sooo, why did you go to the doctor? Google yourself next time.

Trollkiller 0

fake coz docs rnt as dumb as u r they obviously wont google it docs r almost always the smart ass nerds of every class in every part of the world . they would surely go for YAHooo..!

What have you done to the English language?

@81 LMAO. :') @OP: Don't feel too bad. My doctor didn't even Google it. He just told me, and I quote, that I am "unnatural." :|

YDI for living somewhere you have to pay to see a doctor

FireFlie07 20

First off, I hate Hilary Clinton, she already had her two terms in office. Second, I did not say I supported anyone based solely on their platform for health care reform, just that I was not a supporter of Obama after what he did in Illinois and that I did not agree with his complete platform in general. I didn't agree with McCain's platform 100% either, but I believed it was better than Obama's. I wish Ron Paul would have made it on the ballot for the Democratic candidate. Third, I know France has had problems like other countries, one of the main reasons though that France has had problems with it's budget in universal health care has been that it has had a drastic increase in immigration in the last 15 years, resulting in a population boom and making the original health care budget un-feasible at present moment, due to people coming into the country specifically for health related reasons. Which is why France has tightened Visa's and yearly citizenship allowances/rules and regulations. Fourth, the way the U.S. is going we are going to have to file bankruptcy. We have a deficit of over 700 billion dollars. Something needs to be done. Fifth, I agree that the current system needs to be reformed, I'm pro-universal, but I'm also pro a system that works. There's not a lot that's worse than what we have now. The system that Obama is supporting would not be beneficial to the U.S, it's slapping a band-aid on something that needs stitches. It's an idea for a step in the right direction, but not the right step to be taken at this present moment in time. We need something that will work for a long term solution, not a quick fix that could go horribly wrong. I agree that something needs to be done and done fast, I just think that the current option is severely flawed and that we need to look at some of the details a little closer before taking a plunge. We need more ideas/options than what we have been given.

letitbe56 0

You're a Ron Paul supporter who wants universal health care? You thought there was a chance in hell that DEMOCRATS would go for RON PAUL? You make NO SENSE. On another note, with regards to the debt: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/28/opinion/28krugman.html