By Anonymous - 28/08/2009 13:30 - United States

Today, I went to the doctor about my bruised runners toes. She was inexperienced when It came to athletic injuries, so she googled my condition. I just paid to have her tell me exactly what I had already just googled before I left for my appointment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 161
You deserved it 4 779

Same thing different taste

Top comments

cherlana32 0

That is unacceptable. Don't pay her.

Comments

oh how I love Canada, just another reason why Canada rules but seriously, report her or something, she shouldn't be doing that, get that bitch fired

YDI for going to the doctor for bruised toes when you run a lot--get better-fitting shoes with a thick enough sole. FYL for not having the spine to tell them you're not paying AND reporting them to the AMA.

sorry, but thats why they make athletic trainers and orthopedic doctors. they specialize in sports related injuries.

Prescription for what, bruises? FYL for not knowing about ice or Advil.

Bullshet 0

This happens all the time. Doctor's aren't encylclopedias. When they come across something unfamiliar they have reference books to use, or other doctors. And yeah, sometimes they do use the Internet. If you already knew what you had, why did you go see a doctor in the first place, assuming you didn't need further treatment or medicine. YDI

YDI for not going to a specialist in the first place!

FireFlie07 20

Generally in countries where there is a state-run health system, such as France or Canada, physicians are paid less, which reduces costs while enabling people to have medical help. Also in countries where there is state-run health care, people tend to file for bankruptcy less. #1 reason for people to file for bankruptcy in the US is for medical debt. Just because Obama is a moron on trying to create a free health care system, doesn't mean it doesn't work well in other countries.

Ligerie 0

I don't get it, did the Doc bust out a laptop and google your symptoms? Or did she leave the room and do it? And when she told what you already knew did you nodd and smile or did you say something along the lines of "umm...I knew that so could you refer me to a specialist? or not charge me for something I could have done myself or make me a vicodine prescription so I can go home and forget that your an idiot?"

haha. lots of doctors have computers in all the rooms now. my doctor used it to show me pictures on google but i have no idea why else they would need computers in every room....

letitbe56 0

Many doctor's offices now keep electronic records, and there are computers in the examining rooms so that doctors and nurses can access and update your records more efficiently during your visit. They can also use programs to make sure that your medications won't have negative interactions, etc. I can imagine it's also useful if you need to look something up, but I think it's inappropriate to use google in front of a patient.

Ligerie 0

That was my point, not the computer in the room, but the fact she blatantly looked it up in front of the patient.