By oops - 30/07/2012 00:25 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I went to dinner with an amazing guy. At the end he said he had to go to the washroom. 15 min later he was still MIA, so I figured he'd ditched me with the bill. I paid and left. 10 min later he texted me, asking where I was. Turns out he hadn't ditched me. He was having "stomach issues." FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 200
You deserved it 7 112

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Big_lama6 7

Perhaps you should have atleast tried calling or texting him before you left?

Aww poor guy! That's so embarassing :(

Comments

Big_lama6 7

Perhaps you should have atleast tried calling or texting him before you left?

PushMyButtons 5

That could have resulted in an awkward conversation.

Maybe OP will have "relationship issues" now.. Well it's just a little misunderstanding things go on :)

"hey are you actually taking a shit or ditching me?" I have a feeling that regardless of an answer, it would be a very awkward moment.

Marcella1016 31

54 - A text saying "You ok?" would also work. Ironically I had the exact same text sent to me today in a similar situation - except the restaurant only had one bathroom and I was stuck waiting for 10 mins on a woman with 3 small children. Luckily I didn't have "stomach issues" like OP's date and my friend had sense enough to text me rather than assume I left. Poor guy :( But hey if it works out between OP and the guy this would be a great story to tell! Or of course he could be a con artist who dined and ditched...

Damn. That's quite unfortunate. Is it sad that the only reason I know what MIA stands for is because I'm addicted to league of legends? I think it is.

MerrikBarbarian 9

70- yes, yes it is. Try pick up a book or learn about the world around you sometime, since the school system is failing clearly.

McNerdyNerd 8

I have straight A's in college, have a great job and am not addicted but play the game..plus I do read about 10 new books a year. And I know what MIA means..be nice. Stop assuming, it can get you into trouble. :)

Only 10 books a year? There's some 52 weeks in a year... reading 30 books a year would be just mediocre imho. It only takes about a day or two to read a regular novel; three days to read an exceptionally long one.

I read ten new books a month, in between college courses and working. But I play League of Legends.

So, 92, don't label someone as stupid and lazy just because they play video games

A7X_LoVeee 10

Wow, both of you missed the point. Good job.

120, and 125, you both missed the point. It wasn't that he plays the video game that made 92 assume he really needs to pick up a book. It was that a video game is the only reason he knows what a fairly common acronym means. He said himself that he thinks its sad.

I read 730 lengthy novels a year, in addition to working three jobs, going to school full time, raising two kids, playing league of legends, and consuming incredible amounts of weed and alcohol. Not to mention banging at least three new hoes each week. The rest of you need to stop being such lazy douchebags.

whyseass 4

right...thats believable. dumbass.

Michael_92 20

You really can't fail more than this.

First of all don't be a shit head and post a worthless comment like that. Second, no you aren't.

Where did the original comment that said "first" go...??

xXxIracebethxXx 14

Can't wait to see what the mods do with this one... ;)

Maybe you should get some prescription glasses with those impending negative votes ;)

xXxIracebethxXx 14

Now all our comments are irrelevant 'cause he changed his comment. **** you for saying "first" in the first place.

xXxIracebethxXx 14

Now all our comments are irrelevant 'cause he changed his comment. **** you for saying "first" in the first place.

AussieChild is clearly some sort of masochist who craves punishment via trying to get all the thumbs-down he can possibly get

She. And I when wrote those, it was in response to a comment which was quickly deleted.

PushMyButtons 5

Ahhh damn :/ I don't know what I would have done during that situation but assume the worst too.

Well.. He can't be too mad. He got a free meal.

DKjazz 20

But then again, he threw it right back up. Oh well, easy come easy go.

And this will make for a funny date story if the relationship works.

Aww poor guy! That's so embarassing :(

Michael_92 20

Damn it said "first" when I made that comment!

Michael_92 20

Ha the app is working now. Just fyi to everyone, someone said "first" and they were actually second. That is what my reply was to.

I agree if I was stuck in the bathroom I don't think I'd want to admit it... Me and my husband always leave the bathroom door open... If it's ever closed we know something serious is going down and I still get embarrassed after 7 years... So for that to happen to a possible first date is totally mortifying!

Pain =/= thumbs down. Sadly, I think he's just a really bad troll. DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

whyseass 4

wait...you always leave the door open? thats honestly creepy...and disgusting...

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Being stood up as having a sore stomache? Oh yea nbd

4everblackjack 10

No harm done. Just walk back and explain the misunderstanding if he's such an "amazing guy" then he'd understand :)

Aw poor guy. Stomach issues, and he got ditched. I hope you went back there to explain what happened OP.

AbbyLovesCake 3

Give him the benefit of the doubt next time. :) Hope everything works out!