By liz - 21/06/2009 21:26 - United States

Today, I went shopping at a thrift store. I found a really cute top that fit me perfectly, so I bought it. Afterwards, I noticed the original tag was still on it. It read: "designed with your pregnancy in mind". It was a maternity top. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 197
You deserved it 15 181

Same thing different taste

Top comments

anon919 0

You don't have to be "fat" to fit into maternity clothes, they have them in smalls too, you know.

Some regular tops work as maternity tops too so eff it, if you like it wear it.

Comments

Would it not then look like an empire-waisted top?

that's exactly what it would look like!

Half the tops out there anymore look like maternity tops anyway. Get over yourself.

kitten_kelly 0

dang ive almost done that before ^-^ well if it looks cute wear it honey :D

honest question here, being fat around your stomach is more unhealthy than being fat anywhere else? Because that seems to be what you're implying, and I don't see any reason why carrying your weight around your stomach would be any worse than say, around your thighs.

Actually, I have read that it is potentially worse if you tend to carry your weight around your stomach than anywhere else. It can indicate an even greater chance of weight-induced illness like heart attacks, etc.

"...that fit me perfectly, so I bought it." Duh.. >_>

Yeah, central obesity is way more unhealthy for you. It causes heart problems etc far more than being a spread-out type of fat.

So does it make you look pregnant?

The person above my reply is a fatass.

Komatose 0

The person above my reply is a virgin.

MeganH0LLYW00D 0

The person above my reply is Komatose. x)

Yeah, I've bought maternity tops before because they fit my boobs better. Many of them look just look like empire waist tops if you buys them a size or two smaller than you normally wear. Who cares what the tag says if it fit you well?

SusanaSaysRawrxD 0

Uh-Oh. I broke the chain. :O Oh, well.

titan90 0

what an awesome reply chain...

Laci_Laine 0

Hmm maybe she just has the body type where she carries her weight on top?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

it's not about her being fat per se, it's about her complaining about it. Seriously, if she cares so goddamn much she should go get on a ******* treadmill I don't hate fat people. I hate fat people who complain about being fat. EVERYONE can lose weight if they work at it, so just STFU and either deal with it or fix it.

This may not have to do with the OP but some people do have thyroid conditions. Regardless of what they do they will always be heavy.

Seti_fml 0

my mom has a thyroid condition like the ones you're talking about and she isn't fat at all (she was when she was younger before they knew she had the condition though.) They make medication for it so really there's no excuse even then.

Yes, you are right, if my one-legged grandmother really wanted to lose weight, she would get up and run. If my father with three uprepairable disks in his back wanted to lose weight, he would ignore the pain and just do it. I'm not saying that most people aren't too lazy to lose weight, but not everyone can do it on their own.

i think i hate skinny people who complain about being fat more than i hate fat people complain about being fat! like STFU ughhh it irritates me so bad!

#33 "not everyone can do it on their own" So, where in my post exactly do I say that they have to do it on their own? If you could point that out to me it'd be great. Thanks.

SusanaSaysRawrxD 0

Not everyone can lose weight if they work at it. Dumbass. Some people have thyroid issues, unsually slow metabolisms, injuries that don't allow strenous excercise. Also, some people just can't lose weight no matter how hard they try. Some require gastric bypass, or some surgery of the sort. Many people can't afford that. So they're kind of stuck. Do some research before you act like an ass. ******* retard.

so dramatic. get a sense of humor... to everyone that is wwaayy to sensitive over this little story

StarCutie83 0

Not everyone can lose it. I have tried everything including have a personal trainer work with me three/ four days a week while I ate only small portions of all natural, healthy foods. I have only lost 10 lbs. I am still 150 lbs overweight. Just get off people's back.

I'm a 14 year old girl who weighs 95 pounds and I can wear some maternity clothes. it generally just makes for a looser fit.

omlmylifesucks 17

Don't worry, they hate you, too.

Reminds me of when Homer went to clown college and tried on the clown pants: Homer-ooooh, I've never had a pair of pants that fit this well in my life Krusty-these pants are supposed to be baggy, baggy!

What, on her tummy? That's called being fat in a really unhealthy way.

ok if she's fat so what? why would you have to be so negative towards her if she is fat. That's her problem not yours!!! If you have nothing nice to say then don't say nothing at all!!! She was not saying she's fat or anything she just said about a top that was originally a maternity top.