By Lucky - 21/06/2009 21:21 - United States

Today, I received a phone call from a cruise line I had travelled on with my parents a year ago. After being told I had won a free $2,000 cruise from a sweepstakes I'd entered while on the cruise. After celebrating loudly they informed me that you have to be 23 or older to collect it. I'm 17. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 174
You deserved it 6 261

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Cinnabar 0

Can someone else collect it for you?

NGM_47 0

Well how'd you enter in the first place?....this is very suspicious!! If it is true then your parents should be able to collect it for you, maybe.

Comments

Cinnabar 0

Can someone else collect it for you?

I know, just get your parents to do it or something... :P

easylazy 0

y doesnt he just lie hes gonna have to be a man eventually

Er, who's going to have to be a man? The poster is female.

rofl #27 failed pretty hard there. Just get your parents to collect it!

realggirl 0

Yeah, I agree, just have one of your parents collect it...

GlassJAwkidE 3

It's a little thing called an identity check

can't your parents collect it for you? as your guardians or something?

snickerz01 0

they dont need to. OP isnt 17 they "are" 23 right?

NGM_47 0

Well how'd you enter in the first place?....this is very suspicious!! If it is true then your parents should be able to collect it for you, maybe.

Because usually on cruise ships they just have a little check-out flier in the room that you leave in the room and they pick up. You check off stuff where you want to be entered in sweep stakes and such.

Why would the age be 23? Haha. Tell your mommy. She will approve. Always look on the bright side of life!

You have to be 23 because the contest was 2 years ago, so you must have been twenty-one at the time of entrance, or 23 at the time of the phone call.

turtlellama 0

It was one year ago, so the age limit would have been 22...

ithedarkknight 0

so you cant find someone else you trust that can get it for you... lol i dont really see the problem unless you have to have like ID showing your 23 or older when its time to go on vacation on the cruise?

DreMaMa 0

Since your never gonna get it, call them back and repeat these words exactly. " **** YOU THEN BITCH, HY YOU EVEN CALL ME THEN?" then have a long pause.... " Well is it possible if my mother can pick these up by any chance?"

AnnieLennox1954 0

Cruise lines are assholes. The only two cruise lines I know of who let people under 21 sail without a "guardian" are Disney (which is full of shitty little kids) and some major-league expensive Euro line. Bah!

That really sucks : can you perhaps get an adult to collect it for you? There must be some way. I mean, even if you do get caught, you're only young once.