By liz - 21/06/2009 21:26 - United States

Today, I went shopping at a thrift store. I found a really cute top that fit me perfectly, so I bought it. Afterwards, I noticed the original tag was still on it. It read: "designed with your pregnancy in mind". It was a maternity top. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 198
You deserved it 15 181

Same thing different taste

Top comments

anon919 0

You don't have to be "fat" to fit into maternity clothes, they have them in smalls too, you know.

Some regular tops work as maternity tops too so eff it, if you like it wear it.

Comments

garry24 0

YDI for being a fat ass bitch that doesnt even realize it. its called a treadmill. try it

So what if it's a maternity top? Some Maternity tops are actually pretty cute and you would never think they are what they are because they don't look like it.

mArIz4132 0

well.... i have a bought a maternity top before n it looked awsome.. as long as its cute n u want it its urs n no one will give a **** but there are some assholes out there tht dont have a life n tht all they do is bitch at ppl's lives becuz they dont have one of their own.... soo as long as u look good n like it then keep it but if u r too self conscious bout it then return it if u want... :]

Ok seriously people, you never know why it fit her that well. I've ended up buying maternity tops before simply because they give more room in the boob area without having to get a size that's way too big and hangs like a dress.

The OP could be skinny for all you idiots know. I've tried on maternity tops and dresses just for fun and most of them are just loose fitting and stretchy, but they fit. And I'm certainly not fat. Obviously though, they were made for expecting mothers, but, given the right size, they can fit everyone. Big belly, small belly, big boobs, small boobs, anything. They've got it. So shut up about the fat comments or reading the FML as if the OP just realized they're fat. Nobody else can tell it's a maternity top, and even you didn't notice. If it's skin tight, there might be a problem, but if you're thinking of "fitting perfectly" as in it actually fits your body comfortably, then you're fine. However, OP, if you're taking this as a sign of 'you're fat' then please don't lie and say it was the shirt that made you realize this. You already knew. But also, don't they cut off the tags at thrift stores? They do here. It's supposed to be like a rule.

supasqueak 0
lovely997 0

102. Get yurrr facts straight

All of the fat defenders banging on about "oooh thyroid problems bla bla bla". WE KNOW there are other explanations for being fat. However, its common knowledge that the majority of fatties are that way because they can't be arsed to put the choc down and get off their lardarses.

Seriously, lots of maternity clothes are adorably cute. Plus, a lot of them fit women with big boobs more comfortably. No shame in a maternity top really.